cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments

Highlighted
Venisha N Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
1 of 8

I am new to Upwork, so you all could imagine my excitment when I got my first job a few hours ago!

However, I have almost completed the job, and I am curious to know how I will actually get paid. 

I would really appreciate some guidance. 

Thanks, 

Venisha

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 8

Are you sure you were officially hired? Does this job show up under "My Jobs"? It's advisable to learn how things work before bidding on jobs, so you understand how everything works ... especially how we get paid.

I suggest you read this link, and the many other help threads in this forum:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
BEST ANSWER
3 of 8

Have you been awarded the project?  Look under the "My Jobs" tab.  Is it there?  Is it hourly or fixed?

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
4 of 8

Yes, I have been hired. I reviewed the contract as well. However, under job, it says no time has been logged yet. 

So what I want to clarify is whether I should send the deliverable to the client without receiving payment. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 8

@Venisha N wrote:

Yes, I have been hired. I reviewed the contract as well. However, under job, it says no time has been logged yet.

In that case, in your excitement, you failed to download and use the tracker to log your working hours.

As has been pointed out before, it's best to figure out how something works, rather than jump right in Smiley Wink

6 of 8

Yes, Petra, I was quite excited. I did "try" to figure it out though and I am unable to download the tractor, hence my post. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 8

Hi Venisha,

Since it's an hourly contract, you need to log the time you spent working on it either using Upwork App or manually. Then the client will be billed for it according to the Weekly Billing Cycle.

Check out this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
8 of 8

Thank you very much. I logged the time manually. I guess I just have to wait until the client is billed. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS