🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payoneer inactive
Page options
pavlo_simonov
Community Member

Payoneer inactive

Hello, Upwork community,

Help me with an issue, please.

I added the Payoneer payment method on Friday. My debit card is now marked as 'inactive' in the 'Get Paid' section. Is the status going to change automatically, or is there a problem with an account?

Kind regards,

Pavel.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pavel,

When you add a payment method it can take up to 3 business days for the verification to be completed. Once the verification is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pavel,

When you add a payment method it can take up to 3 business days for the verification to be completed. Once the verification is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much, Goran.

Kind regards,

Pavel.

Hello, 

My Payoneer account and Local Bank account both are showing "inactive" in Get Paid section. Although, I added Payoned one month prior and Local bank before 4 5 days. But, I submitted Payoneer verification before 4 5 days.

Hi Muhammad,

You will need to fill out your W-8BEN form in order for your payment methods to be active. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

This method does not apply to me as I have 0 earned. I am not a taxpayer due to less earning consider, please.

Hi Muhammad,

Please keep in mind that all non-US freelancers will need to fill out the form in order for their payment method to be activated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I have updated the W-8BEN certificate required information. Could you please check and cross verify this and confirm to me that everything is fine now?

Hi Muhammmad,

Yes you`re set up now, and you should be able to withdraw your funds once they are available to you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, what do you fill in the legal name of the business column? I am an individual, so just my name then as on Upwork?

Hi Usama,

Yes, you can use your Legal Name, as your Legal Name of Business. Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks, Andrea! And do I have to fill out my Tax Residence too? I ask because I'm a non-US citizen

Hi Usama,

If you're not a US-freelancer you'll need to fill your W-8BEN form in order to receive your funds. This form is used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. You may need to consult a trusted tax advisor about proper ways to report your Upwork income for your particular tax requirements. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I already filled the W-8BEN form. My question was do I have to fill the "Tax Residence" form. It's right above the W-8BEN under Tax Information.

Thanks!

Hi Usama,

I am sorry for the late response. You may choose to provide an invoicing address under "Tax Residence", but it is optional.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I have also updated the W-8BEN certificate required information. Could you please check and cross verify this and confirm to me that everything is fine now?

Hi Murshida,

Please allow up to 72 hours for the review on your new payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It has already been three days and I filled up the tax form but it still shows active on 2021 17th June

Did it already get activated?

Hello! I have same problem now, what can I do (I waiting 3 days and nothing not changed)

Hi Elena,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
yahmad
Community Member

Beaware!

#Payoneer customer support is the worst one, I have experinced so far.

I transferred money from my #payoneer to my Meezan Bank account on 23rd November, #money is still missing! One month is passed and no one in payoneer knows about the status of the transaction.

I waited for 7 days and then opened a support ticket and my support ticket is assigned to a new CSR on almost daily basis, with 0% progress so far!

It was assigned to **Edited for Community Guidelines** originally
then to**Edited for Community Guidelines**