Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Account of Freelancer account inactive

Highlighted
Beena M Member Since: Nov 27, 2016
1 of 12

Hi

My paypal account suddenly became inactive .... without my knowledge .... please activate it . I got my earlier funds 

recent funds canot be requested as its inactive . Im the owner as well as freelancer of the company .. so i prefer using same paypal account for both company account and my account 

Paypal is inactive for 

https://www.upwork.com/fl/beenamalla2

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 12

Do you have two separate accounts? There is no need to post the same question twice - hopefully a mod will come along to help you.

By the way, Visakhapatnam is not in the United States - make sure your location is actually where you are.

Guilherme P Member Since: Mar 25, 2019
3 of 12

My paypal account is aso inactive. How can I solve that?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 12

Hi Guilherme,

Can you please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to

confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Carolyn G Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
BEST ANSWER
5 of 12

Hi Beena,

I am sending you a private message.

~Carolyn
Untitled
Krystina M Member Since: Nov 17, 2017
6 of 12

Hi I am having the ssame issue. Can you message me as well? 

Thank you!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 12

Hi Krystina, 

I checked your account and it doesn't look like there are issue with Paypal as your chosen payment method. Did you receive a notification about this?

-Avery
Untitled
Walter C Member Since: Jan 12, 2019
8 of 12

Hi, 

Sorry, im new to upwork. 

I havent been active since setting up my account. Can you please help me understand why my Paypal (In Getting Paid Tab) is inactive?  Also, can I get paid when its inactive?

I just submitted a proposal to a client and Im worried if I cant get my payment because of may inactive Paypal status.

Thank you!

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
9 of 12

Hi Walter, 

You must have a verified and active Paypal account as your withdrawal method. Have you checked your Paypal account if it's still active?

I also checked your account and it looks like you have not completed the W-8BEN information on your Upwork account. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you're not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Walter C Member Since: Jan 12, 2019
10 of 12
My paypal is currently active

Thank you for the tip. I will be filling out the form asap
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS