🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Paypal Account of Freelancer account inactive
Page options
mavensbeena
Community Member

Paypal Account of Freelancer account inactive

Hi

My paypal account suddenly became inactive .... without my knowledge .... please activate it . I got my earlier funds 

recent funds canot be requested as its inactive . Im the owner as well as freelancer of the company .. so i prefer using same paypal account for both company account and my account 

Paypal is inactive for 

https://www.upwork.com/fl/beenamalla2

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
carolyngomes
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Beena,

I am sending you a private message.

~Carolyn
Upwork

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
mtngigi
Community Member

Do you have two separate accounts? There is no need to post the same question twice - hopefully a mod will come along to help you.

By the way, Visakhapatnam is not in the United States - make sure your location is actually where you are.

pass0s
Community Member

My paypal account is aso inactive. How can I solve that?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Guilherme,

Can you please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to

confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hyehara
Community Member

I have the same problem too . Please help me 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hyecinth,

You will need to add your W-8BEN form in order for your payment method to be activated. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
carolyngomes
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Beena,

I am sending you a private message.

~Carolyn
Upwork

Hi I am having the ssame issue. Can you message me as well? 

Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Krystina, 

I checked your account and it doesn't look like there are issue with Paypal as your chosen payment method. Did you receive a notification about this?

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, 

Sorry, im new to upwork. 

I havent been active since setting up my account. Can you please help me understand why my Paypal (In Getting Paid Tab) is inactive?  Also, can I get paid when its inactive?

I just submitted a proposal to a client and Im worried if I cant get my payment because of may inactive Paypal status.

Thank you!

Hi Walter, 

You must have a verified and active Paypal account as your withdrawal method. Have you checked your Paypal account if it's still active?

I also checked your account and it looks like you have not completed the W-8BEN information on your Upwork account. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you're not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

My paypal is currently active

Thank you for the tip. I will be filling out the form asap
b_bargo
Community Member

Hi, 

Hope someone can help me. It shows that my paypal account in upwork is inactive. Please see attached. Thanks in advance.

b_bargo
Community Member

Please disregard. W-8BEN is the key. Best of luck!

b_bargo
Community Member

W-8BEN is the key.
32a1903d
Community Member

I have a problem while trying to add my paypal account. it keeps telling me "There was a problem with adding your payment method". I removed it as it was inactive and I had no Idea why. What should I do now?

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please try adding it again? If you`re still receiving the same error, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

My paypal account suddenly became inactive .... without my knowledge .... please activate it . I got my earlier funds 

recent funds canot be requested as its inactive . Im the owner as well as freelancer of the company .. so i prefer using same paypal account for both company account and my account 

Paypal is inactive for https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01154a206f3dbf63d9

Hi Angelito,

I took a closer look and can confirm that your PayPal payment method is active and ready for use. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
chetanvashishtha
Community Member

Hey..can you share the solution with me. I am facing the same issue.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Chetan,

I checked and it looks like you haven't filed your Form W-8BEN. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

File your Form W-8BEN. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.
b0e7b454
Community Member

How can I solve the problem? I see that the Paypal is inactive and I do not know what to do also I see the W-8BEN form but I have no idea how to get the Legal name taxpayer and I do not know where I should send the W-8BEN form to get the Legal name taxpayer.
Can you help me?
Thanks

Hi Daniela,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern and they have provided you instructions on how to complete the W-8BEN form. You can access the ticket by logging in to your account and going here. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

I'd also like to share with you this help article to learn more about the Form W-8BEN.

~ Joanne
Upwork
93577ac2
Community Member

I have the same problem, Paypal is inactive, and I don't know how to active it

Hi Francisco,

I want to confirm that your name mismatch error has been cleared. You'll now need to complete your W-8BEN Form. The W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E are U.S. tax forms for non-U.S. Persons. We and the IRS use them to determine whether you live in the U.S. and what taxes, if any, we need to collect from your earnings on Upwork. You must have this form on file before you can withdraw earnings from Upwork. You can find out more about this here

~ Joanne
Upwork
gpersua
Community Member

I have this problem "paypal inactive upwork" Please can help me?

Hi Gerardo,

I checked and it looks like you are yet to complete your W-8BEN form. The W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E are U.S. tax forms for non-U.S. Persons. We and the IRS use them to determine whether you live in the U.S. and what taxes, if any, we need to collect from your earnings on Upwork. You must have this form on file before you can withdraw earnings from Upwork. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths