🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Paypal account "inactive"
Page options
theedit
Community Member

Paypal account "inactive"

Hi

I set up paypal account in order to get paid and filled the tax form for non US citizens last week but it still says "inactive next to it.

Why and What does this mean exactly?? 

28 REPLIES 28
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Simon,

Can you please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to

confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Mine says inactive as well and, as the previous user expresses, I did fill out the tax form for non-us users.

Hi Andrea,

In the W-8BEN under your Settings> Tax Info, please enter your first and last name as it appears in your passport and other official documents.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Mr. Bojan. I got the same problem like theirs. I filled up the W-8BEN form. There is a question box that says " Legal name of business " what should i put in that box? I'm unemployed, No Business or what so ever. It won't let me save the W-8BEN form without answering the question. How can i fix it?

Hi Rosendo,

Feel free to add your full legal name and submit your form. THank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

just put my legal name in the " Legal name of business? "

thank you for the fast response. Much appreciated it.

Hello, I like the previous persons have my PayPal account inactive I have filled the W-8Ben with everything but my account still appears as inactive, It says the names are mismatched but they are the same ones

Hi Daniella,

I checked and it looks like your PayPal is now active!

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

same issues my PayPal is inactive can you help me to fix this my user is am Marie krishia Guico

Hi Marie Krishia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cb7f43d5
Community Member

hi, 

i have the same problem. I have filled the W-8Ben with everything but my account still appears as inactive too. how to fix it?

Hi Arbangatun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi!

I got the same issue as well. My pay date is on March 3 but still showing INACTIVE.
What to do?

Hi Myla,

I checked and it seems that your PayPal is now active. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I did fill up the tax form and still it says inactive. My contract starts in abiut an hour. Please help me with this. Thank you

Hi Ramon,

I checked your account and it looks like your Paypal payment method is already active. Please log in to your account to check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
9f6a3bed
Community Member

hi Mr.bogan,

can you please check out my payment status, its says that its not active..before few days i was facing an issue of mismatched names but i changed the upwork profile name same as the one on my payment method .. the "the mismatched message " in the top of the "get paid" page vanishes but my payment method still on the inactive status.

Thanks so far.

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've escalated your concern to the appropriate team and they've already taken care of the name mismatch, you should no longer see this error on your end.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
16bae786
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, I have encountered the same problem. I already signed up the W-8BEN but it still says inactive. The name is also the same.

Thank in advance. 

- Geraldine

Hi Geraldine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
e5ffca79
Community Member

Andres Franco
Hi, my name is Andres Franco. I have a problem with my paypal account in upwork, it appears "inactive" and I have already completed the entire process and filled out the W-8Ben form

Hi Andres,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a029d79f
Community Member

Hi, I set My Paypal account in order to get paid and still inactive. 

Hi Carla,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already approved. Please complete the W-8BEN form on this link to activate your payment method.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
77ca25f9
Community Member

Hi, I set My Paypal account in order to get paid and still inactive.

Can you check if everything is OK with the PayPal account so that I can continue with the further steps in working through the UPWORK platform. Thank you very much.

Hi Goran,

I've checked your account and can confirm that the payment method (PayPal) you recently added is now active and ready for use. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
77ca25f9
Community Member

Thank you very much.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths