» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Pending Proposals
Page options
bilgehanarifoglu
Community Member

Pending Proposals

Hi everyone,

I just wondered that I applied almost 10+ job and my question is;

"how do we know if client hired someone else?"

I got couple notification says "A job that you submitted a proposal for ... has been closed or has expried."

Does this mean someone else is hired for the job? 

And lastly, what if client never hire someone and what if job never expires? Are we going to wait and watch the accumulation of proposals?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
alexis-arinze
Community Member

Bilgehan A wrote:

Hi everyone,

I got couple notification says "A job that you submitted a proposal for ... has been closed or has expried."

And lastly, what if client never hire someone and what if job never expires? Are we going to wait and watch the accumulation of proposals?

Thanks in advance.

If you go back to the original job posting and scroll down, you're able to see how many people the client has hired.

If a client never hires someone, the connects you used to submit the proposal should get refunded. 

If the client never closes out the post, the proposals would likely accumulate. 

Alexis A wrote:

Bilgehan A wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

If you go back to the original job posting and scroll down, you're able to see how many people the client has hired.

If a client never hires someone, the connects you used to submit the proposal should get refunded. 

Connects are not refunded if the client does not hire anyone, only if he or upwork cancels the job. A job expires after 30 days of inactivity, no refund when it expires. 

Alexis A wrote:

Bilgehan A wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Every proposal you ever sent will be in your history - either archived, or maybe still active. So yes, they "accumulate", just like your bank transactions accumulate, or the miles on your odometer. It is nothing to worry about. 

Once you've submitted a proposal, forget about it. Don't expect a reply.  If you do receive a reply (and it might happen after days or weeks) that will be a pleasant surprise.

Occasionally I've looked back at some of my past proposals as a kind of market research, to see who got the job (if anyone), how much they were paid, why did the client prefer them to me, etc. I'm not sure I've learned anything useful from doing that, although it's been quite interesting. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths