cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People I know who want to hire me through UpWork

Ace Contributor
Florence W Member Since: Mar 26, 2017
1 of 5

How can people who know me hire me through UpWork?  Is there a way for me to generate a proposal for them without them posting a job offer to me?  I'm not "cold calling".  I actually have people who want to use my services, but they are very busy and if I can set up the proposal and start the ball rolling, I'd like to.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 5

The client needs to set up a client account on Upwork and can then invite you - and only you - to their job.

Ace Contributor
Florence W Member Since: Mar 26, 2017
3 of 5

OK, thank you.  I was hoping that was not the answer, as some people are very busy, so taking that time to do it could  make me lose opportunities.  

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 5

@Florence W wrote:

OK, thank you.  I was hoping that was not the answer, as some people are very busy, so taking that time to do it could  make me lose opportunities.  

They'd have to set up an account, anyway, to be able to hire and pay you through Upwork. Adding the step of clicking "hire" to that process shouldn't increase the time investment by more than a minute or so, so it seems unlikely that someone willing to join the site to hire you here would draw the line at a couple of extra clicks.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Florence,

I can confirm your client needs to sign up for a client account on Upwork, post a private job and use the profile link you provide to send you an offer, as explained here. We've streamlined these processes and it only takes a few minutes to complete the above mentioned steps. After you receive the first payment, you can use a feature we just introduced and propose new contracts, reducing further the time your client would spend on these tasks. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS