cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People are asking me to use my account

Highlighted
Josh B Member Since: Feb 4, 2020
91 of 135

I've been chatting with a guy on LinkedIn Messenger about him using my account.  It's been a pretty convincing conversation.  The pitch is I would be acting as more of a manager - someone who would help them get jobs while having a team of software engineers and data scientists cranking out these projects.  I think my cut was something like 20%...

Point of this post - I've been chatting with this guy for over a week and he seems intelligent, funny, responsive, and overall on top of his game.  Keep your guard up because they are definitely becoming more refined and willing to put more time and effort into these scams.  Let your friends and family members know about this and the countless revisions of this scam that are inevitable for the duration of 2020. 

It's a crazy world, stay safe out there everyone!

Highlighted
Leandro M Member Since: Apr 1, 2020
92 of 135
Are we supposed to report this kind of problem?
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
93 of 135

Hi Leandro,

Please note that due to our Community settings, new users will need to wait up to 2 hours in order to have the option to send private messages. After your Community rank updates from 'New Forum Member' to 'Active Member', could you please send me a private message with more information on your report so that I can send a report to our team for investigation?

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Andriatomponiony H Member Since: Jun 5, 2020
94 of 135

Please take a look with this guy
He just contact me from Linkedin

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
95 of 135

Thank you for reporting this, Andriatomponiony,

Our team will investigate it further and take proper actions. 

Untitled
Highlighted
Noor A Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
96 of 135

They are scammers!

Highlighted
Lucile D Member Since: Apr 12, 2020
97 of 135

Hi eveyone,

someone, who just posted a project on freelancer.com and whose login name on freelancer.com is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, is reaching out to bidders thru Skype to convince them to use their upwork account, hence their PC.

Apparently, this guy is in **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please beware. Best regards.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
98 of 135

Hi Lucile,

Thank you for sharing this helpful information with us. Also, I'd like to let you know that if you see a job or invitation that looks suspicious or inappropriate, you can flag it using the flagging option found on every job post or Upwork profile. This sends a notification directly to Upwork, allowing us to investigate and take the appropriate measures. You can read more on this help article and, please check out the Tips to avoid questionable jobs as well. I've shared this with the team. If you would like to share more information regarding this, please feel free to send me a PM by clicking on my name. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Wiktor K Member Since: May 12, 2020
99 of 135

I also have been scammed today on LinkedIn. Some scammer want to take my upwork account and propose me money for it, but I just report him and delete him from my connections.

Highlighted
Morgan K Member Since: Apr 23, 2020
100 of 135

I was redirected from Fiverr with a request to create an UpWork account. I thought they wanted to pay me through that, but then asked to use the account... I wish someone could reach out and smack him. He's still chatting at me on Google Hangouts. These people are leeches on society...