Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People are asking me to use my account

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
11 of 179

Hi Tiago,

Could you please reach out to me with more details via PM (click on my name)? Thank you.

Untitled
aditompea
Adrian T Member Since: Dec 2, 2020
12 of 179

Same here, approached me on Skype, quite inquisitive, even started up a conversation to make himself (themselves) credible. I haven't been so active on Upwork so he started his argumentation with that, and how my profile can benefit and all that ... I blocked him/her/them.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
13 of 179

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for reporting this. Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info so we could investigate this further? You should be able to send private messages as soon as you become an Active Member.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
csuvikv
Viktor C Member Since: Dec 14, 2017
14 of 179

Happened to me too. But my man "earns" 1800-2000 USD monthly and would share 10% of it to me.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
15 of 179

Hi Viktor,

I'd like to look into this for you. Please send me a PM with more information, including screenshots so I can check. Kindly click on my name to send me a PM.

-Joanne
Untitled
b88b986a
Steve G Member Since: Jan 28, 2021
16 of 179

These people are operating all over.  For instance they are advertising for web developers and when you respond they ask you if you have an upwork account and then offer you something in return for its use.  Two recent examples I encountered; an individual on an IBM slack channel offering to share 15% of his earnings in return for use of my account and an individual on airtasker offering £30 per week for 'web development' revealed in a public message that the offer was for use of an upwork account.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
17 of 179

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please send me a private message with more information about this so that I can send a report to our team for investigation?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
ea1cd4f5
Amber Y Member Since: Mar 16, 2021
18 of 179

Same! The person reached to me on Linkedin, I had a zoom meeting with him and he did not turn on his camera and asked me to provide my Upwork account credentials so he can use my account because his was suspended..... I told him no thank you. It was odd and had every scam sign imaginable. I believe he was in Serbia

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
19 of 179

Hi Amber,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info so I could forward a report to the team?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
ea1cd4f5
Amber Y Member Since: Mar 16, 2021
20 of 179

Just happended to me as well this was so strange.