cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People are asking me to use my account

Highlighted
Eric R Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
31 of 135
So what would happen if i let them use my account through team viewer can they steal identity ? Or bank information
Highlighted
Texx S Member Since: Apr 8, 2013
32 of 135

I would imagine that they can access any part of your computer they want if they are using any kind of remote desktop connection which it appears they are wanting to do, including installing software.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
33 of 135

@Veronica M wrote:

Hello,

it has happened to me on more than one occasion that people from other freelancing websites ask me to give them my UpWork account. I have never agreed to it as I do realise it could, and probably is, a scam.

I would like to understand why they do this. I'm curious.

Use common sense.  Why do you think a person who is total stranger suddenly is in love with your profile and use it?  If they really like it they can create an account and have more flattering profile than yours.  But they are asking you becasue they can't create a profile on Upwork.  Upwork locked the doors for them.

Highlighted
Fatima A Member Since: Sep 19, 2019
34 of 135
Why they can not create an account?
Highlighted
Marina M Member Since: Jan 29, 2018
35 of 135
And btw they manipulate you saying you are pretty which has nothing to do with work or professionalism. I got messages from two users inn freelancer.com. Is there a way I can report them on freelancer ?
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
36 of 135

Hi Marina,

Could you please send me a PM with more information regarding your report? I'll share your report with the rest of our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes. Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Rami H Member Since: Nov 27, 2019
37 of 135

Hi, 

Someone approached me on linkedin asking me to create an account on upwork and he can use it to work.

I dont have an account on upwork, how can i report him?

regards

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
38 of 135

Hi Rami,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report. I'll check that and escalate accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Paul Angelo D Member Since: Mar 31, 2020
39 of 135

Hi Bojan,

Great Day to you.

I am just writing these as i have been asked already for the 4th time.
Luckily i found these article let me know if where i could report these kind of people.
They are really growing specially all is working from home.
I hope this can be resolved by Upwork.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
40 of 135

Hi Paul, 

If you are unable to file a ticket directly with the support team, you can send me a PM with more information so that I can report this to the team.

Thank you for flagging this here.

-Avery
Untitled