Did you mean: 

People are asking me to use my account

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
41 of 179

Ha ha.

(Aleksandr is being sarcastic.)

Of course, even if these "account borrowers" sincererely desire to use somebody's account in order to do good work for clients (which is a big IF, and probably NOT the case).... But even if that was the case...

Both the "borrower" and the real Upwork account holder would be guilty of "scamming Upwork."

It is against Upwork ToS for any Upwork user to let anybody else use their account.

Doing so is grounds for all people involved to have their accounts permanently terminated.

ryan_tonyryanwor
Eric R Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
42 of 179
My question is can the access your personal information
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
43 of 179

Hi Eric,

Could you please share more details and clarify your question so that I can advise you accordingly? Thank you.

Untitled
ryan_tonyryanwor
Eric R Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
44 of 179
So what would happen if i let them use my account through team viewer can they steal identity ? Or bank information
texxsmith
Texx S Member Since: Apr 8, 2013
45 of 179

I would imagine that they can access any part of your computer they want if they are using any kind of remote desktop connection which it appears they are wanting to do, including installing software.

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
46 of 179

@Veronica M wrote:

Hello,

it has happened to me on more than one occasion that people from other freelancing websites ask me to give them my UpWork account. I have never agreed to it as I do realise it could, and probably is, a scam.

I would like to understand why they do this. I'm curious.

Use common sense.  Why do you think a person who is total stranger suddenly is in love with your profile and use it?  If they really like it they can create an account and have more flattering profile than yours.  But they are asking you becasue they can't create a profile on Upwork.  Upwork locked the doors for them.

amhdar-fatima
Fatima A Member Since: Sep 19, 2019
47 of 179
Why they can not create an account?
marinamia7
Marina M Member Since: Jan 29, 2018
48 of 179
And btw they manipulate you saying you are pretty which has nothing to do with work or professionalism. I got messages from two users inn freelancer.com. Is there a way I can report them on freelancer ?
djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
49 of 179

Hi Marina,

Could you please send me a PM with more information regarding your report? I'll share your report with the rest of our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes. Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
rumsrami
Rami H Member Since: Nov 27, 2019
50 of 179

Hi, 

Someone approached me on linkedin asking me to create an account on upwork and he can use it to work.

I dont have an account on upwork, how can i report him?

regards