cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People are asking me to use my account

Highlighted
Clinton D Member Since: Sep 4, 2019
61 of 135
I was approached by someone claiming to be from Singapore who wanted to use an American account to bid on US-only jobs, and offered to share the pay. They asked to remotely log into my computer or a VM to do it.
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
62 of 135

Thank you for sharing this here, Clinton. 

If you can send me more information through a private message (by clicking on my name), I will go ahead and look into this further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Sergei S Member Since: Sep 16, 2019
63 of 135
Hey Avery,
I have an example of this but the forum is saying I don’t have enough privileges to message you. Where should I send it?

Best,
Sergei
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
64 of 135

Hi Sergei,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report. I'll check that and escalate this to the correct team for further investigation.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Joao B Member Since: Sep 22, 2019
65 of 135
Just got one from Laos... it's pretty tempting. It seems to me more than a partnership than scam. According to his information he wants to reach markets of US and Europe but, I don't know if it is true or not, connecting through their IP address either won't work, not allowed or they don't make money out of that... Im not silly but I have doubts.
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
66 of 135

Hi Joao, 

I would like to confirm that Upwork users are not allowed to share their accounts with other users, or people outside of Upwork as it is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. Users are not allowed to rent/lease their accounts, and only the registered the user is allowed to access and use their account.

You may also want to read up on this support article for more information about what actions may temporarily or permanently put a hold on your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
67 of 135

re: "It seems to me more than a partnership than scam."

Fortunately, you don't actually need to make a determination about whether such a person is trying to scam you, or wants to be your "partner in crime."

Either way, it isn't something Upwork allows.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
68 of 135

Joao B wrote:
Just got one from Laos... it's pretty tempting. It seems to me more than a partnership than scam.

Joao, you have *no* idea.....  Your details are attached to your Upwork account, when those people who are actually not in Laos have screwed clients over for a few tens of thousands of Dollars, **YOUR** Upwork account has been suspended, **YOUR** funds taken to refund their clients and Upwork releases **YOUR** details to the authorities, you'll see what a great partnership that was.

Highlighted
Eric R Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
69 of 135
How did it work out for you
Highlighted
Toni R Member Since: Sep 24, 2019
70 of 135

hi, I've just received the proposal from Guru com,

in a message,

and than went to skype conversation.

instead of talking about projects, the person named the same

to use my Upwork account, and to pay for it.

what should I do further?

thank you

regards