🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » People are asking me to use my account
Page options
merigliano_v
Community Member

People are asking me to use my account

Hello,

it has happened to me on more than one occasion that people from other freelancing websites ask me to give them my UpWork account. I have never agreed to it as I do realise it could, and probably is, a scam.

I would like to understand why they do this. I'm curious.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dioneda,

Thank you for reporting this to us. As it is against Upwork TOS to share or "rent" an account, we will forward this to the appropriate team to review and take action. Thank you for helping us keep Upwork a safe and trusted marketplace. For more information about our efforts, please see this Community post.
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

322 REPLIES 322

I have several emails about several upwork accounts that the Serbia account broker sent me.

The guy required $170 per month and required $75 for tax info verification and $50 for linkedin account verification to sell me.

Hi Su,

Thank you for reporting this to us. As it is against Upwork TOS to share or "rent" an account, we will forward this to the appropriate team to review and take action. Thank you for helping us keep Upwork a safe and trusted marketplace. For more information about our efforts, please see this Community post.
~ Nikola
Upwork
952b9ba0
Community Member

I have several emails which contains sensitive data and screenshots of skype chatting.

I want to share to let other world people be safe from the guys.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths