🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: People are using auto bot i think.
Page options
23189dcb
Community Member

People are using auto bot i think.

What is this within 4 min 20-50 proposal.
People are sending proposals or using an auto bot to do spam.
Upwork should focus on it.
In this way, we are never getting work in Upwork.
Grinding from 2020 but still don't got single skill related job.
Any suggestions to walk in a crowds.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Kamal K wrote:

Upwork has millions of freelancers all over the world, many of whom believe that they should apply to a job as soon as possible after it's posted. So if it took you less than 4 minutes to write and submit a proposal, why isn't it possible that it took other people less than 4 minutes, too? But it doesn't really matter, because the client doesn't see proposals in the order in which they're received anyway; the order will be according to what Upwork's algorithms think is the best match. As long as you're uniquely well-qualified for the project and you know how to write a compelling cover letter, it should still be possible for you to win projects, regardless of whether you're the first or the 50th person to bid.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Kamal K wrote:

Upwork has millions of freelancers all over the world, many of whom believe that they should apply to a job as soon as possible after it's posted. So if it took you less than 4 minutes to write and submit a proposal, why isn't it possible that it took other people less than 4 minutes, too? But it doesn't really matter, because the client doesn't see proposals in the order in which they're received anyway; the order will be according to what Upwork's algorithms think is the best match. As long as you're uniquely well-qualified for the project and you know how to write a compelling cover letter, it should still be possible for you to win projects, regardless of whether you're the first or the 50th person to bid.

Yes, I agree with all the things you said, mam.

But I have tried so hard but I have nothing in return.

Hi Kamal,

I looked at your profile and it reminds me of me because I also have a very modest $15 job at the beginning of my work history. It took 6 months for me to acquire that. Below are some points of advice I would offer and I hope it is received in the construstive way that it was intended.

1) There's a bad typo at the very beginning of your profile. "Font-End" instead of "Front-End" is very likely to turn off clients who see that.

2) Maybe you already do this but I would advise to include either a screenshot :camera: or an animated .gif :movie_camera: of your work in each proposal. I am in a similar line of work (scripting) and I have found that attaching a brief animated .gif of my work with each proposal has resulted in more responses and more contracts.

Don't give up! Keep going forward and you will make it. To recap, consider cleaning up the text of your profile and including an attachment of your work.

Good luck

Okay thank you it is very helpful
I'm targeting to get rising talent but still no job done in the field.
I think it's been 2 and a half months I regularly checked upwork and applying for it.

Always failure.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths