🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » People can’t find me in search
Page options
mike175mal
Community Member

People can’t find me in search

I. D.o.n.t come up in searches. I even tried to search my own name and couldn’t find it. Yet it says my account is ready. Any reason for this?
3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Michael L wrote:
I. D.o.n.t come up in searches. I even tried to search my own name and couldn’t find it.

Don't search yourself, it is pointless. You are new to Upwork, and one of hundreds of thousands in your overcrowded categories.

You'll be "in there" somewhere, but not on the first few pages. As full names are not shown, searching by your name would be silly, and there must be endless "Michael L" - also, search results vary depending on who searches, and are rotated.

florydev
Community Member

Michael, I would not worry about it right now (I don't come up in searches either).  I would focus on finding jobs and winning them and building up your reputation on here and then if you don't show up start to figure out how to improve that (and the message me what you figure out).

prestonhunter
Community Member

Michael:

It is completely normal for new Upwork freelancers to try to search for themselves.

I did that when I first started here.

I soon learned that trying to do that is a complete waste of time.

Successful Upwork freelancers don't spend any time testing how they show up in Upwork searches. We don't earn any money by doing that.

I found that the way get invites is by gaining experience, adding to my positive work history, and providing the best service I can possibly provide to clients.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths