🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Permanent Account Suspension : Work Aroun...
Page options
smawan1987
Community Member

Permanent Account Suspension : Work Around

Hi All,

I have a question if someone please answer.

If my account suspended permanenntly, then changing my freelance (free) account membership to Plus membership will do any good?

I mean the less earning / job per some time restriction gets any relaxation in plus membership?

Thanks for yourtime.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

If your profile was set to private (different than your account being suspended) due to a failure to gain sufficient contracts, then I believe that purchasing a Plus Membership will "fix" that.

If your account has been suspended because you have been a naughty boy, then, no, you cannot (in effect) buy your way out of the penalty. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

If your profile was set to private (different than your account being suspended) due to a failure to gain sufficient contracts, then I believe that purchasing a Plus Membership will "fix" that.

If your account has been suspended because you have been a naughty boy, then, no, you cannot (in effect) buy your way out of the penalty. 

Thanks for the answer. So, no work around?

prestonhunter
Community Member

No.

If your account is permanently suspended, you can not pay for a $10/month premium membership in order to have you account reinstated.

Nor are you allowed to create a new account.

Thanks for the answer. So, no work around?

When someone uses the phrase "permanent suspension" then they do not intend for you to find a "work around."

Upwork allows no work around.

(15th century Europe just called. Not sure what that was about. They said they want their indulgences back.)

Yes that is understood permanently. You were sarcastic enough. 🙂

I need to understand time on upwork.

"Permanent"-continuing and enduring without change

bakerbottala
Community Member

What is the deference between permanent suspend & remain suspend? If suspend remain then have chance to reinstate? Please answer.
Thanks

re: "What is the deference between permanent suspend & remain suspend? If suspend remain then have chance to reinstate? Please answer."

HM Bakirul:

Some of the terminology in your question is... different than what we usually use. I'm not sure exactly what you are asking about. But I will answer your question broadly, and hopefully that will help:

The word "suspension" is used for many different things at Upwork. A freelancer may be suspended because the tint on his glasses is too dark, and Upwork wants him to use a photo in which his eyes are more clearly visible. A freelancer may be suspended because she is wearing a funny hat in her profile photo and an Upwork profile reviewer would prefer to see a photo without the hat.

A suspension does not necessarily mean that Upwork is trying to prevent the freelancer from ever using the site again. It usually means that Upwork wants the freelancer to make a change.

If you have been suspended, then you should look for Upwork's instructions to you about what it is that Upwork wants you to change. If you have questions, feel free to discuss them here.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths