🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Personal website in portfolio section
Page options
29498cfb
Community Member

Personal website in portfolio section

Hello everyone!
I'm new to Upwork and I spent some time learning the Upwork rules, watched a few videos on how best to fill out a profile and what is forbidden to do.
But I still have some questions that I would like to clarify.

- I found out that it is not allowed to link to my website in the description. Is it so?
- Can I include my website in job proposals IF it contains my contact details?
- Can I place a link to the project that is on my website (with my contact details) in the portfolio section - project URL?

I do not have a goal to steal customers outside the Upwork, but I have a goal to show myself from a professional side.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Anton,

Thanks for your questions! Please know that you're not allowed to include any contact information or links leading to it on your Upwork profile. This includes your Overview and Portfolio section. That said, we understand sharing a portfolio is a very popular way for clients to learn about freelancers, and for freelancers to showcase their skills. Portfolios take many forms, including a personal website with work highlights. This can be shared on your proposals or interviews, just remember to keep all pre-contract communications on Upwork.

Check out this help article to learn more,

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Anton,

Thanks for your questions! Please know that you're not allowed to include any contact information or links leading to it on your Upwork profile. This includes your Overview and Portfolio section. That said, we understand sharing a portfolio is a very popular way for clients to learn about freelancers, and for freelancers to showcase their skills. Portfolios take many forms, including a personal website with work highlights. This can be shared on your proposals or interviews, just remember to keep all pre-contract communications on Upwork.

Check out this help article to learn more,

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths