🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Personalising proposals - Where is the cl...
Page options
jonesbenjamin28
Community Member

Personalising proposals - Where is the client's name?

Every tutorial I see for writing the perfect proposal says to address them by name. However, I can not see anyone's name on any of the proposals I have clicked on. So my question is, where do I get this information from? Thank you 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Those tutorials are wrong; you don't need to use the client's name. Sometimes it might be possible to read past reviews and see another freelancer calling the client by their name, but even then, some client accounts have more than one person who uses them (or the previous contact might have left and been replaced with somebody else), so I wouldn't recommend this. Just starting your proposals with "hello", or nothing at all, is fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Those tutorials are wrong; you don't need to use the client's name. Sometimes it might be possible to read past reviews and see another freelancer calling the client by their name, but even then, some client accounts have more than one person who uses them (or the previous contact might have left and been replaced with somebody else), so I wouldn't recommend this. Just starting your proposals with "hello", or nothing at all, is fine.

Thank you for providing clarification on this for me. It is very helpful
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths