cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Problem

Joel M Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
1 of 12

Hi Guys, I'm trying to set up my account but I get a "phone number is already in use" message, does anyone have some advice on this? I don't remember ever making an account before this so I'm a little confused!

Paarth J Member Since: Oct 26, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 12

Hello Joel, 

Please raise a Case/Ticket with Upwork Support and meanwhile use an alternative number to keep using Upwork Platform.

https://support.upwork.com/ 

Thanks & Regards 

Paarth Jolly

Joel M Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
3 of 12

Thanks very much, really appreciate the help!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 12

Hi Joel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

Untitled
Orinola G Member Since: Jul 30, 2019
5 of 12

Hi Joel. I am having a similar problem but I haven't been able to figure out how to create a support ticket. 

I am receiving a verification code on my phone number but when I enter it, absolutely nothing happens. So I can't verify my profile. I tried using a 2nd phone number but it said that number was already in use. Which I don't think is possible. Please assist.

At least with a link to create a ticket. This has been extremely frustrating. 

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 12

Hi Orinola,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Christopher G Member Since: Aug 31, 2019
7 of 12

I'm having the same problem as the original poster, but the links to "support ticket" don't work.

This is particularly odd, since I have completed and been paid for work, but now Upwork is indicating that I need to verify my phone number, then saying the phone number is already in use.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
8 of 12

Hi Christopher,

I've shared your concern with our team, and one of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you directly in verifying your phone number. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Tony A Member Since: Sep 20, 2019
9 of 12

How do I raise a csae ticket.  WHen I go to add my phone number i receive a message that it is already in use?  I never setup an account using upwork?  Please help

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
10 of 12

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket in a timely manner. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your request and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS