🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone Number Verification Error
Page options
kneeland_kyle
Community Member

Phone Number Verification Error

The phone number verification system is stuck in a loop for me for me- while setting my profile up, in the phone number step, the box with my phone number has a green check next to it that says verified.

However, the next step in setting up my profile is still the 'enter code' step. On that page, I cannot input any code because there is a red error message that says I failed to verify my phone number, and must provide a different one. This sends me back to the phone number page, where my phone number is locked in with the green check mark, and I can't change it. From there it takes me back to the enter code step, and I can't seem to break out of this cycle. Help?

128 REPLIES 128

Hi Solomon,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance on how to complete your phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
aubre-body
Community Member

HI, 

When creating my profile at the end I had to verify my number and that was successful. When I tried to re-edit my profile before I can save I am asked to verify my phone number a second time, but the text box is disabled and beside it says verified. I'm a little stuck on where to go from here, so I was seeing if I can get a ticket opened.

Thanks,

Aubre**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aubre,

Could you please try to use a different browser and see if that works? If you still encounter the same issue, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

Ok, that sounds good ill also try to clear my cache. Ill let you know if I have any problems.

Thanks,

Aubre 

Hi Joanne, 

So I did what you said with trying a different browser and I still ran into the same problem.

- Aubre  

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aubre, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jbar106
Community Member

I'm having the exact same issue and I'm very frustrated. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, Jennifer.  I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d_bledsoe
Community Member

I am having the same issue can someone help please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Dwaylon.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
angelaruthmartin
Community Member

Hello Upwork!

I am having the same problem, and I have now tried to verify my phone number on two different devices. Can you please help?

Hi Angela, 

I will go ahead and share your account with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
neev_ads
Community Member

Hi,

I was trying to verify my phone identity, but due to maximum attempt its not allowing on my personal phone number. What should I do to get my same phone number verified ?

Hi Minish,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've tried with both Safari and Chrome, but I cannot send my phone number in for verification.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Daniel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as everyone in this thread. I've tried all options - clearing the cache, a new broswer, even a new phone number.. Still stuck. 

Hi Dan,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kaleaby10
Community Member

Hey please, I need your help. the website asks me, again and again, to verify my number then when I enter my phone and click verify then it doesn't send SMS. Finally, it told me that I can no longer try to verify and have to contact the staff.

Hi Kaleab,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
casey_sabine
Community Member

Hello. I am having a smilar issue. I think I first made this account when I had a different phone number, so I tried to go to my settings to update the information, but I just get redirected back to the profile setup page. It tells me the phone number is wrong if I input my current phone number. So, I'm stuck in a loop.

Can someone reach out to me to fix this issue?

Hi Casey,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rebeckah13
Community Member

I am having a similar issue. I am setting up my profile. After completing the first page, it asks me to verify my phone number. I type my number into the field and push the green button that says Verify Phone Number. Nothing happens. I have been having this problem for over a week. I have tried a different browser, clearing the cache etc. Could someone please contact me for assistance? Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebeckah,

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
lamnx
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. When I am waiting the verify code, I have an accident that I closed the submit verifycation tab then I can't verify my phone again. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
formulapuff
Community Member

Hi, I'm having a similar issue with phone number verification.

Whenever I type in my number, the screen immediately says "you failed to verify this number" and displays a previous number, not the one that I just typed in. It doesn't seem to have attempted to send a verification code, as the alert comes up immediately. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Minjeong,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

I keep trying to add my phone number snd it says there’s an error and to try again. no luck. i’ve tried on many browsers and my phone too

Hi Patricia,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0a45d2ef
Community Member

When I enter my phone number when creating my profile, it says "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5d87620e
Community Member

I have completed the entire sign up process but when I try to verify my phone number it just says "Something went wrong, please try again." I have refreshed multiple times but nothing works.

Hi Nathan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

When I enter my phone number to be verified (enter phone number to recieve verification code via text) I get the following message "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

Hi Chris,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0b616ac1
Community Member

I am trying to complete my profile and the phone number verification is failing. Every time I input my number I get an error to try again later. Please help, thanks 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katherine, 

I checked your account and can see that you were able to file a ticket for the same concern. I have followed up with the Customer Support Team, and they will get back to you soon to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
720e91fe
Community Member

Hey Avery, 

I am also having the same issue. Could you please help?

Amanda

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths