🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone Number Verification Error
Page options
kneeland_kyle
Community Member

Phone Number Verification Error

The phone number verification system is stuck in a loop for me for me- while setting my profile up, in the phone number step, the box with my phone number has a green check next to it that says verified.

However, the next step in setting up my profile is still the 'enter code' step. On that page, I cannot input any code because there is a red error message that says I failed to verify my phone number, and must provide a different one. This sends me back to the phone number page, where my phone number is locked in with the green check mark, and I can't change it. From there it takes me back to the enter code step, and I can't seem to break out of this cycle. Help?

128 REPLIES 128
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christopher, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. A member of the CUstomer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, I am having the same issue. It shows that the phone number is verified, but I can't get to the review stage. I have cleared the cache; tried a different browser; asked the bot for help and still no luck.

Hi Floyd,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
spazin
Community Member

same issue here. Can someone help please?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brian, 

I have shared your account information, and concern with the Customer Support Team. They will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the exact same issue.  I would appreciate your help.  Thank you.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Michelle.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same problem.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Catherine.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I put in the same question a while back and was told someone would be in touch. Nobody has and I'm still stuck in the endless loop!

Hi Alan,

Sorry about the delay. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and they will reach out to you directly in a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm having the same issue, no one has gotten back to me for a week now.

Hi Alan,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that our team has already reached out to you to assist you directly in verifying your phone. Please provide the information they requested from you on the ticket so that they can assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

My cell is**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You can reach out to me anytime I live in Florida

Thanks

Thanks for sharing your contact information, Alan.

I've already shared it with the team. You may also reply to the open ticket that you have so that the team can assist you directly with this process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Avery, I have the same issue. Can someone help me with that please?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you for reaching out to us, Lindsay.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Lindsay,

Were your phone verification issue resolved?

I am having the same issue; I cannot complete my profile becuase the phone number verification will not work. 

Hi Samantha,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I’m having a problem verifying my phone number. It won’t let me choose a new number but says I failed to verify my current one.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Peter.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I cannot verify my new number too. When I put my new number it says that I cannot verify. it, and it goes back to my old number. I tried different numbers to receive a code but it is still not working. I think it is some error, I can give you my phone number so you could verify my account for me. But I have a new email too. 

Hi Anastasia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b3a2e393
Community Member

I'm facing this same issue while trying to create my account. At this point, there isn't even a page loading for my profile. Can someone help me?

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble completing your profile. I checked your account, and it looks like you have already completed the phone verification process. Please let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b3a2e393
Community Member

When i go to my profile, nothing appears but the bottom of the webpage. It's been this way since I ostensibly completed the phone verification step. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jchung94
Community Member

Hi, Avery -

I am also receiving an error when trying to verify my phone number. It doesn't matter how many times I log out/close out all applications/restart, I keep getting an error. 

Please and thank you,

Joanna

Hi Joana,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I followed all the steps on the Support page and always get taken to the 'Choose channel page' but there is never an option to contact upwork. I need help verifying my phone number. It says it is part of another account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lillian,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
1e0d049c
Community Member

I'm having the same issue and tried different web browsers.

Hi Raven,

I checked your account and I can see that you have already reached our team via ticket. One of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
9f116ac5
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

I am having the same issue. Can someone from the team please email me at**Edited for community guidelines**?

Hi Erin,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
90f8aea8
Community Member

Hi i am struggling with the same problem.

Please may you do the same for me?

It wont let me submit any proposals because it says my number isnt verified when i have already verified it.

Hi Abdul-Raheem, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a6dfe4cf
Community Member

I have an issue with my account. It says phone number is in use but the other account is closed. Can you look into this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths