🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Phone Number Verification Error
Page options
kneeland_kyle
Community Member

Phone Number Verification Error

The phone number verification system is stuck in a loop for me for me- while setting my profile up, in the phone number step, the box with my phone number has a green check next to it that says verified.

However, the next step in setting up my profile is still the 'enter code' step. On that page, I cannot input any code because there is a red error message that says I failed to verify my phone number, and must provide a different one. This sends me back to the phone number page, where my phone number is locked in with the green check mark, and I can't change it. From there it takes me back to the enter code step, and I can't seem to break out of this cycle. Help?

128 REPLIES 128
73d33363
Community Member

Hi Avery and / or Goran - I'm having the same issue getting a phone code. It keeps asking me to try again later. Think you could help? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amir,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
aa62fe46
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork and it won't let me verify my phone number.  I enter my number and it gives me an error.

Please help me someone!

Hi Derek,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
82e433a0
Community Member

Hello, I have been trying to solve this problem for myself for a couple days now. I keep getting in a loop with support. I have a client and talent account, so my phone verification will not go through. Any help would be appreciated.

-John

2b2b6fe0
Community Member

Hello,

I am having this same issue with the phone number verification. Can someone help me with this?

Kindly,

Shannon

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shannon, 

A Customer Support Team member will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b5651caa
Community Member

I cannot get past the phone number verification on page 10/10 of account setup. I click verify pin and nothing happens and I can't proceed. it says phone number must be verified. 

Hi Richard,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths