🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Phone Number Verification Error
Page options
kneeland_kyle
Community Member

Phone Number Verification Error

The phone number verification system is stuck in a loop for me for me- while setting my profile up, in the phone number step, the box with my phone number has a green check next to it that says verified.

However, the next step in setting up my profile is still the 'enter code' step. On that page, I cannot input any code because there is a red error message that says I failed to verify my phone number, and must provide a different one. This sends me back to the phone number page, where my phone number is locked in with the green check mark, and I can't change it. From there it takes me back to the enter code step, and I can't seem to break out of this cycle. Help?

128 REPLIES 128
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kyle, 

I was able to replicate your issue, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I will share your account information with the team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, I have the same issue. Can someone help me with that please? 

Hi Alex, 

I checked your account and it looks like you are yet to fill-in your mobile number in the Create Profile page. Please type-in your mobile number in the respective field and resubmit your profile for the team's review. 

~ Avery
Upwork
gfxgodgg
Community Member

I’m having this same problem. It is very frustrating.

Hi Reginald,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your verification as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same issue

Hello Travis,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, I am having the same problem. Could I also get some assistance? 

Hi Chloe,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while completing phone verification. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! I am having the same issue. Trying to add my mobile number and keeps telling me I have failed to verify.

Hi Alicen, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mtwelch
Community Member

No one ever reached out to me! Can we fix this for me too?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mary,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email and is awaiting for your response. Kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mmdudar
Community Member

Hello.  Same thing is happening with me, except when I enter my mobile phone number, I get a message that "This number is being used by another account."  So I can't complete my profile.  And I can't go any further without being told to complete my profile.  Stuck in a loop, help! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
torosaur
Community Member

I can't register past the cell phone screen because the button is busted (tried on Chrome both pc & mac as well as Safari on Mac.)

I am (almost) member:

Brian Peterson

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Brian.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d_bledsoe
Community Member

Hi I am having the same problem. When asked about a phone number to verify I get this message.

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

Can someone help me. 

Hi Dwaylon,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am trying to set up my profile and receiving the same error. Can someone help me with this.

Thanks!

-Adrian

Thank you for reaching out to us, Adrian.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am facing same issue.

Its really very frustating.

Please help me solve the issue.

Error You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number

I want to verify a new phone number now.

Please help me reset or delete the account. I will re-create

Hi Deepti,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
80be67d1
Community Member

I am having the same issue as well. I have tried on wifi, mobile, and on the IOS app.

Unique Perspective w/ passion + commitment to creative, design, branding, printing, and images.

Hi Joe,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Can you guys solve this?? Year 2021 and still same issue, i’ve spent 4 hours clicking phone verification, this is beyond ridiculos!

mayaeaddy
Community Member

Hello, I have been having this same issue and I have not heard back from anyone yet. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maya, 

It looks like your phone number has already been verified. Let us know if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
nikki-ybc
Community Member

Hi there, I am having the same issue. Would someone reach out to me as well? Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikki, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I’m having the same issue. Very frustrated. Can someone please help?

Hi Mary,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am having trouble. I do not have cell service here so cannot use the phone for text verification. And there is no Edit button next to the phone number to disable that.

Hi Stacia, 

The Customer Support team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the same problem, can someone help?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mary, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I have the exact same issue too. 

cwatts87
Community Member

I too am having a similar problem. Please can you help?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths