🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone number being used by another account
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005

Same issue, I need to reopen/ open anew account, please help me.

Hi Ana,

Please send me a DM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check this for you. You may click on my name to send a DM. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm having the same issue with my phone number, can you assist? 

Hi Marianne and Kostiantyn,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having this same issue.  It says my phone number is being used by another account.

350780ec
Community Member

Hi  I am having the same problem, leading to me not be able to complete my profile. I had gone through every step a little while ago, and when I tried to sign in again, it didnt let me and started me to create a whole new profile again. I cannot create one now because it has used my phone number on another account and I cannot finish the next step. 

Hi Larissa,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,
I closed my account (not suspended, I chose to close it, but I want to reopen it, but I don’t remember my username, or email, and if I try to open a new account, it’s telling me that my phone is already in use, can you please help me? Thank you
2e9797ef
Community Member

Hi I was making my new account and it says phone number is already in use. Help Please?

Hi Alex,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2e9797ef
Community Member

Thank you Joanne! 👍🏽

Hey Andrea, I have been trying to get a hold of anybody from the help center regarding the same issues presented on this forum via phone calls. I can't finish activating my account because of an already existing profile using the same phone number, so I am stuck here at the end of the process of setting up my new profile. 

I would greatly appreciate the help!

Hi Timothy,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

While setting up my account, is saying my phone number is already in use in another account and will not allow me to finish setting up my profile.  Can someone help me please? Thanks

Hi Hailey,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a503e83b
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

I have the same issue. I just tried to verify my account, but when I put in my phone number it comes up with undefined is not an object (evaluating 'n.status'). 

I would be grateful if you could please help. I tried clearning my cache/cookies and a different browser.

Kind regards, 

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I get "n is undefined" when adding my phone number.

This is the last step in creating my freelance profile.

Please advise.

Works on mobile app but not web application.

4c620d25
Community Member

Can you help me with the same issue?

robupwork2345
Community Member

Robert here I was trying to complete my profile and it said my phone number is already being used. How do I fix this?

Thank you

Hi Robert,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Good Morning,

I have completed everything up until the point of my phone number. It says that there is already an account attached to my number but I haven't used UpWork before. Please help!

Thank you,

Destinie

Hi Destinie,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
00d570b1
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to complete my profile and I'm at the last step asking me to enter my phone number so that a code will be sent to me. However, when I try to complete this step, it says that my phone number is already in the system. I cannot proceed to complete my profile and don't know how to fix this issue. 

Hi Ana,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Same problem 

This number is being used by another account

Close the alert

Nancy Hammond
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nancy and Elizabeth.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
thewong-andonly
Community Member

Hello,

I'm getting the error for my phone number already being in use.  This will definitely be from another account I made and have forgotten the details to.  Could I have my other account(s) closed please?

Thank you!

Hi Mike,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you're referring to?

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
joaquinbh
Community Member

I cannot verify my phone number as I get the following error: "This number is being used by another account."

I do not know the other account.

Hi Joaquin,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mhadir
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm facing this issue currently and I have never used my phone number on Upwork before this time.

I'd appreciate if you can help me out with this.

Thanks!

Hi Muhammad,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
tyrexi3783
Community Member

Hello I'm trying to create an account with my phone number but it's stating it's already in use. Please advise. Thanks!

Theresa

Hi Theresa,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
donnapag
Community Member

Hi, I need help with finishing my profile. It says on the phone verification that the number is already in use. I might have used it before but couldn't find any trace on my email. Is there any way I could use it with this new account?

Hi Donna,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
lapidlee
Community Member

I am trying to create my Upwork freelance profile but after I complete the process and press Finish the system tells me that my phone number is already being used with another account. I'm confused since I don't remember having signed in to Upwork before. Would you kindly advise what I should do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Lee,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths