🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Chinese Phone number has 11 digits but I ...
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
hython
Community Member

I have solved this problem by manually editing the HTML file. There is a maxlength attribute bound to the input element. I consider this a test for joining the Upwork, but this is indeed a bug. By the way, I still cannot see two small deposits in my bank.

Hi Yuanjian,

I am sorry to hear the team could not follow up with you sooner. I've shared your concern with them and they will anyways be getting back to you and will be assisting you further via the same support ticket with the situation you have with those funds.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hython
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I still cannot see the two small amount of deposits on my bank account, and there are no moderators responding to my questions on the ticket. Could you please have look at the ticket and find someone that can actually solve the problem?

Best,

Yuanjian

Hi Yuanjian,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a new support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mattgage33
Community Member

When setting up my freelancer account and adding my phone number, I am told my phone number is already in use. How can I resolve this? Thanks you.

Hi Matthew,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
vmorrison5276
Community Member

I want to delete an old inactive account from 3 years ago under**Edited for community guidelines**

I have since opened a new account and am down to the last step to verifying the phone number and the system won't do it because it is saying the phone number belongs to another account, which is me

What other information do you need to verify the old account information?

Hi Vanessa,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
markcollins682
Community Member

I am having trouble accessing my authenticator app and cannot sign in to some part of my Upwork account. Can someone guide me on this, please?

Hi Mark,

I checked and it seems that you already reached out to the team via a ticket. I'll follow up with them and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
stephenmillner
Community Member

I am trying to submit a proposal. When I click on the "submit a proposal" button, it opens a new tab. The tab says "phone verification" at the top, but the page keeps reloading itself without actually loading any information on the page.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Stephen.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dasstienn
Community Member

Whenever I click "Submit a proposal" button, the system prompts me to the new tab, and it continuasly refreshing instead of opening. The new tab I beleive would require me to verify my identity via phone (text or call?). How do I verify my identity and move on to submiting proposals?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dastan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cutscott
Community Member

Every time I click to submit a proposal, I get "verification link is incorrect" and I can't find information on this anywhere nor can I find anywhere to submit a ticket. It seems like it's something with a step I've missed in my account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scotti,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kristinamarkfort
Community Member

I have a problem with my phone verification and therefore cannot send any proposals. I already got my phone number verified in the setting section but when trying to write any  proposal it appears that I have to verify again. However, I cannot put my whole phone number and country code in since it does not allow me to put my last digit of my number in. Does anyone know what to do about it or how to fix the issue? Help would greatly appreciated since I can not write any proposals when not being verified. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kristina.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a167dbd1
Community Member

Hi -- like many others, I keep receiving the "phone number already in use" message when I try to add my number. What's the best way to fix this? Thanks!

Hi Antonija,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mills_amy
Community Member

I need technical help. I can't get my mobile number verified. Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

Hi Amy,

I checked you're account but it looks like you've closed it. If you find the need to use Upwork in the future, please reach out to us through our different support channels and our team will assist you with reinstating your account and verifying your phone number.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
jumpstartjourney
Community Member

hi it is saying my phone number is already in use in another account as well and i can't finish setting up my profile.  Can someone help me please? Thanks

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tarek.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1235e8ea
Community Member

Hi.

No 5-digit verification code is being sent to my UK number.

How do i fix this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jervez,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
russell_weigandt
Community Member

Hi. I'm trying to finalize my profile so that I can start working, and the system is saying that my cell phone number is already in use. I believe I may have tried to sign up to the platform a long time ago and used my phone number for that profile--I,  however, have no idea what that profile login information is.  

Is there a direct email where I can send this request? The help/support features cannot provide any assistance with that issue. 

Russ

Hi Russell, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I'll share your concerns with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you through an email to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
fbd02750
Community Member

I am new to upwrk, and i recently did a factory reset of my phone. I dont know what to do as i have lost my access to the settings as i dont have the same authenticator app now. 

Kindly help me out here.

Hi Ali Hamza,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
89852df1
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my account and create my profile. But when I put my phone number in to get the enter code, it says "This number is being used by another account" even though I don't recall making another account using this number. Can you please help me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Brian,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
hilloral
Community Member

I am new to Upwork, and trying to submit my first proposal. Every time I try to "verify phone number" by clicking on the "send text" or "call me" buttons, I get the message that my phone number is invalid. It is not! I've checked and doublechecked, re-entered the number, and still can't get past this. How do I get someone to fix this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Hillora.

~ Bojan
Upwork
marianabelm
Community Member

Hi, I need to change my phone number to access settings and process my payment, can someone help me?

Hi Marianabel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with updating your phone number. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
alizanganeh
Community Member

I can not verify my phone number, the problem is that I can not add my whole phone number to verify in other words I can add my phone number up to the last digit and I can not add the last digit. Now Upwork asked me to contact assistant support.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alireza.

~ Bojan
Upwork
russelkun09
Community Member

My smartphone got stolen and I can't receive now the OTP. How can I change my mobile number for OTP now?

Hi John Russel,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths