🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Number verification
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005

Hi Justine,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Cheers,
Mike

Hello,

My sim card was lost and i have changed my mobile number. I cant update my contact # and also cant click get paid option since verification code is required. Can anyone of upwork staff help me please. Your prompt reply is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Chastine,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you.

mirazshafiun
Community Member

I set up a new device and reset my older device. Unfortunately, now I can't get code anymore from the authenticator app which is my recommended security option. Yet I also can't change anything on account settings because it requires the authenticator code, it also doesn't provide alternative means to get the code whether email or through phone number. I stuck and really can't do anything on account settings, kindly assist!

Hi Shafiun,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there, 

I have the same issue. Can anyone help me to fix it?

Hi Nileksh,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
staceyhod
Community Member

Spoiler
  Hi there, I have set up a new freelancer account but it appears that my mobile is linked to an old account that I never used. I do not have the username or any details for the other account, how can I delete it so that I can use my number with my new profile?! Thank you, Stacey

Hi Stacey,

I am sorry for the late response. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
34643cdf
Community Member

My phone number is already linked to another account?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sam.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e356c444
Community Member

Hi! I have completed everything up until the point of my phone number. It says that there is already an account attached to my number but I haven't used UpWork before. 

AndreaG

Hi Tanvi,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

hi it is saying my phone number is already in use in another account as well and i can't finish setting up my profile.  Can someone help me please? Thanks

I have the same problem. Could I also please be contacted by the team? I can't finish installing my account because my phone number is already in use, apparently.

Anna

Hello!

I had an Upwork account before but I never used it, and I don't even use the email address I had it registered under. I deleted it last week and opened a new account—the only problem is that my old account used the same phone number as my new account, and I can't verify my new account's phone number. I keep on getting this message: "This phone number is already being used by another account" (or something to that effect). My new account is ready to go except for the phone number issue.

Thank you in advance.

Anna

You are not allowed to create a new freelancer account.

You may work with Upwork Customer Service to get rid of any new accounts you have created and resume use of your original account.

I've been trying to find a way to contact Upwork's Customer Service. Would you have a phone number for them? The bot in the Upwork Help window was no help.

re: "I've been trying to find a way to contact Upwork's Customer Service. Would you have a phone number for them? The bot in the Upwork Help window was no help."

It is not Upwork's intention that you call Customer Support on the phone.

Try creating a Support Desk ticket.

I'll see if I can ask a moderator to intervene directly in this thread and create a ticket for you...

If you want to try something immediately:

Log in. Click on the green Question Mark icon in the bottom right hand corner of the Community Forum page. Activate the chat bot. Ask a question. Click on a button to indicate that you are a freelancer. Then type in "contact support."

Hi Anna,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
5f321839
Community Member

Can someone reach out to me too? When I put in my phone number to and click 'Send Code' I get 'Something went wrong. Please Try Again later".  

Hi Zavion,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
4c620d25
Community Member

I am having the same issue, please help!

Hi Tyler,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e58c5225
Community Member

I have the same issue! I would love if someone could help me, because I can't do anything until my phone number is verified. 

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I have the same issue with the phone number saying it’s already in use. I’ve had so much trouble trying to contact someone from support so I hope this gets to someone. Very frustrated!!

I’m super frustrated. Trying to contact support is ridiculous and I’m simply trying to set up my profile but keep getting told my phone number is in use by another account, so why is there not an easier way to trouble shoot the issue!? Please help me with this @ Upwork Support Team. Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nyla,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea! I'm having the same issue with my number verification i'm not sure what to do 😕

Hi Madeline,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having the same issue with my phone number. It says my number is already in use.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assitance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
arkachris
Community Member

I had to use my personal phone number rather than my business line.

I'm having the same issue with my phone number, can you assist? 

Hello Samantha,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
dxas90
Community Member

I'm having the same issue with my phone number, can you assist me?

Hi Daniel,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm having the same issue, will you help me please?

Marianne

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths