🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Says my phone number is already associate...
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005

Hi Abbey,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your deleted account? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ignat_lesiv
Community Member

I have closed my previous account and I could not use my phone number for the new account. The message it displays is: The number is already in use by another user.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ignat.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
limenjivar
Community Member

I'm unable to create my account because my phone number is associated with a different account. How do I have that fixed?

Hi Ledin,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ashsakthiinc
Community Member

I am not able to verify my phone number because it seems it is linked to another account, which I do not know of. please assist

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ashwini.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
charleslam85
Community Member

I am having the same issue. Can't complete my profile as Upwork says my phone number has already been registered, which isn't possible. 

Hi Charles,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jbird119119
Community Member

i I am signing up and have got to the phone verification stage and it says my number is already being used by another account??? I am fairly sure I do not have an upwork account already although I have tried to create one before. Could you direct me to the likely cause of this?

Hi Jamie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kostya_garmash
Community Member

I am having problems registering an account. When I write my phone number, it gives me this error - This number is being used by another account.
I have not registered an account here before, and my number has not been used here either. 

052375cf
Community Member

Hello, I previously had an account on upwork over a year ago, but I can't seem to find the login information for that account, I can't even find what email I used for it. I am trying to create a new account in order for me to be able to use an email that I will have access to, but my phone number is already linked to the old account, is there anything I can do to get my previous account closed in order to create a new one? Thanks.

petra_r
Community Member

Tucker H wrote:

is there anything I can do to get my previous account closed in order to create a new one? Thanks.

You can't create a new one, ever. You'll need to get Support to get your old one opened again, and then close this current one which isn't allowed.

052375cf
Community Member

Ok, thanks, how would I go about getting support to do this? I tried navigating through the website to find a solution, but couldn't find anything.

Hi Tucker,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
itswingo
Community Member

It says that my phone number is already associated with another account and I've tried logging in with the emails I have (in case I made one a while back that I didn't remember) and it says it needs to be set-up as a new account. It won't let me start that or a new one.

Hello Sarah,

One of our team members has reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
courtney_polk
Community Member

Its saying that my phone number is already in use

Hi Courtney,

I have escalated your concern to the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ebolognini
Community Member

I have htis problem, too - who can help?

Hi Edward,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

I also cannot finish setting up my account, becaue it says my phone number is already in use. Can someone help me?

Hi Shua, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.
Pradeep H.

Upwork
askeparoski
Community Member

I am trying to create a freelancer account but when I get to the phone verification part it says that my phone number is associated with another account even though I have deactivated my previous account.

Where can I find customer support email or number? I searched literally everywhere on the website and couldn't locate any..

Thank you for reaching out to us, Aleksandar.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account regardless if the old account is closed.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c98cc41c
Community Member

Hi 

After singing up through apple account, i've tried to add all of information to set up my account. 

But in phone number section, i can't use my phone number as it is being used by other accounts. 

I guess this is my old account. How can i remove my old one? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Won

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8d5396c8
Community Member

Hey, so my question is that I opened up an account however long ago. The issue is that I don't remember what email the account is under so I've tried making new ones. The issue stopping me is my phone number is in use by the first account and I'm unsure what the account is under. Is there any way to wipe the account with a specific phone number?

Bethany G wrote:

Hey, so my question is that I opened up an account however long ago. The issue is that I don't remember what email the account is under so I've tried making new ones. The issue stopping me is my phone number is in use by the first account and I'm unsure what the account is under. Is there any way to wipe the account with a specific phone number?

No, you need to use your old account, but I'm sure support can help you with this. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bethany,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your with locating your old account. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jbimagery3
Community Member

I want to setup my new account but it will not let me because it says I can't use my phone number since already being used. I am not sure how to fix this. Maybe I had a previous account that I no longer use. Can anyone help please? and if I dont know the old account then what? I just want to setup my new account only cell phone number I have .

Hi Jeff,

~ Joanne
Upwork
e1b80640
Community Member

Hi I made a new account but it says my phone number is already being used.

I just deleted my client account maybe thats why? 

Hi Jesse,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ajlanterma
Community Member

I am not receiving the text verification code when signing up for an account.

Hi Andy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
jefferyreny
Community Member

Hi,

I couldn't login with my mobile number. Please help me to create my account. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks,

Jeffery L 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jeffery,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
b592e40a
Community Member

Hello, 

I wanted to reactivate my Upwork account but when I enter my phone number for verification ths system says " This number is being used by another account"

So is impossible for me right now reactivate the account. 

Cheers

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths