cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened the wrong account

shannonb720
Shannon B Member Since: May 6, 2021
341 of 421

I am trying to create a first time account and am unable to enter my phone number, I get "Phone number already in use" error. Please advise.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
342 of 421

Thank you for reaching out to us, Shannon.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hazelkaio
Hazel Z Member Since: May 6, 2021
343 of 421

I keep getting this error code while filling out out my account. 

This number is being used by another account*

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
344 of 421

Hi Hazel,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
aritapro
Arita S Member Since: May 7, 2021
345 of 421

Hello

Today is the first time I have set up upwork, but I was not able to verify my phone number. I am getting a message "Phone Number is already in use ". Can someone assist me with unlocking this part?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
346 of 421

Thank you for reaching out to us, Arita.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
5646a3b8
Gladys S Member Since: May 7, 2021
347 of 421
I meant to open a freelancer account and I open first the wrong one and now I can’t finish my freelancer profile becomes the phone number is attached to the other one, and I want to delete this hiring account.
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
348 of 421

Hi Gladys,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
christinamojica9
Christina M Member Since: May 9, 2021
349 of 421

I created an account under 1 gmail address several months ago but the account was deactivated because it was not being used. I tried to reactivate this account and it has prompted me to go through the entire profile creation process again. When I entered my phone number in the phone verification field, I got the message that the number is used by another account. This is my phone number and I cannot complete my application. Please advise.

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
350 of 421

Hi Christina,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS