🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
blhwrites50
Community Member

When I enter my phone number I get the message that the number is used by another account and to please enter another one. This is my phone number. I cannot complete my application. Please advise.

Hi Rebecca, 

I was able to find another account with your name, and profile information. This may be the reason why you are unable to push through with your phone verification for this account. I have shared this information with the Customer Support Team, and they will get in touch with you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I don't remember creating one
#- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hi Rebecca, 

It looks like the team has already reached out to you through this support ticket. If you need further assistance, feel free to follow up and update the ticket thread and the team assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

How do I reupdate

Hi Rebecca,

Looks like you already did update your ticket. I'll follow up with our team and one of our agents will respond to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kalebhall
Community Member

I am having the same problem where I have not created an account before but it says my phon numberis in use on a different account. Please assist!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kaleb, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. It says that my number is being used about another user. Please help me fix the problem so that I can upload my profile. 

Hi Ericka,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same issue. Assistance needed.

Thank you

Hi Shaeed,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same issue.  I can not login and do anything.  

Hi Monty,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, I am having the same issue! Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi im trying to create a new account but it says I already created on with this number, can you remove that number so I can creat this account??

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in verifying your phone number. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

when i enter my phone number it says you already used it on other account. but i dont have anyother account. please help me to add mobile number.

Hi Abdul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,
I am experiencing the same issue, I cannot make a new account because it says I already have one. I have tried all emails and I don’t have any of them linked here yet.
Help please.

Hi Brittani,

Just to confirm, are you not able to create an account with a different email other than the one you chose to open the one you are posting with? Or, is the problem with the phone number as per the title of this thread? Please let me know so I can assist you further.

Thank you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I can not finish creating my account because the error message about my
phone number already being associated with an account keeps coming up. I
haven’t made an account associated with my phone number yet.

Thanks,
Brittani
e008d63c
Community Member

I’m having this problem as well. I imagine I already created a profile at some point, but I don’t know how to find it so I can update it.
d7406f83
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the same issue.

Matt Miller

Hi Matt,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
d39e10d0
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. Any idea how I can overcome this and finalise my profile?

Thanks
Ciaran

Hi Ciaran,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having a similar issue, i unlinked my phone number from my old account and it still says that its linked

Hi Alaisha,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Please note that having duplicate accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello my phone number seems to be in use from an account I do not know. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Susana.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also having the same issue as well :/.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ashley.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi sams this has been happening for me and I’m not sure what account currently has my number attached to it

Hi Shannan,

I've shared your concern with completing the phone verification with our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am also having the same issue where my phone is being used by another account

Hello Carlos,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I am also having the same issue, could someone reach out to me?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths