cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number is already in use

tanvik009
Tanvi K Member Since: Nov 5, 2020
1 of 415

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
2 of 415

Hi Tanvi,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
jumpstartjourney
Tarek H Member Since: Dec 21, 2020
3 of 415

hi it is saying my phone number is already in use in another account as well and i can't finish setting up my profile.  Can someone help me please? Thanks

annahull
Anna H Member Since: May 13, 2021
4 of 415

I have the same problem. Could I also please be contacted by the team? I can't finish installing my account because my phone number is already in use, apparently.

Anna

annahull
5 of 415

Hello!

I had an Upwork account before but I never used it, and I don't even use the email address I had it registered under. I deleted it last week and opened a new account—the only problem is that my old account used the same phone number as my new account, and I can't verify my new account's phone number. I keep on getting this message: "This phone number is already being used by another account" (or something to that effect). My new account is ready to go except for the phone number issue.

Thank you in advance.

Anna

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 415

You are not allowed to create a new freelancer account.

You may work with Upwork Customer Service to get rid of any new accounts you have created and resume use of your original account.

annahull
7 of 415

I've been trying to find a way to contact Upwork's Customer Service. Would you have a phone number for them? The bot in the Upwork Help window was no help.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 415

re: "I've been trying to find a way to contact Upwork's Customer Service. Would you have a phone number for them? The bot in the Upwork Help window was no help."

It is not Upwork's intention that you call Customer Support on the phone.

Try creating a Support Desk ticket.

I'll see if I can ask a moderator to intervene directly in this thread and create a ticket for you...

If you want to try something immediately:

Log in. Click on the green Question Mark icon in the bottom right hand corner of the Community Forum page. Activate the chat bot. Ask a question. Click on a button to indicate that you are a freelancer. Then type in "contact support."

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
9 of 415

Hi Anna,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
e58c5225
Sarah J Member Since: Jan 5, 2021
10 of 415

I have the same issue! I would love if someone could help me, because I can't do anything until my phone number is verified. 

Thanks,

Sarah

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS