🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005

Hi Luis, 

I've requested the help of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
shannonb720
Community Member

I am trying to create a first time account and am unable to enter my phone number, I get "Phone number already in use" error. Please advise.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Shannon.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hazelkaio
Community Member

I keep getting this error code while filling out out my account. 

This number is being used by another account*

Hi Hazel,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
aritapro
Community Member

Hello

Today is the first time I have set up upwork, but I was not able to verify my phone number. I am getting a message "Phone Number is already in use ". Can someone assist me with unlocking this part?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Arita.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
5646a3b8
Community Member

I meant to open a freelancer account and I open first the wrong one and now I can’t finish my freelancer profile becomes the phone number is attached to the other one, and I want to delete this hiring account.

Hi Gladys,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
christinamojica9
Community Member

I created an account under 1 gmail address several months ago but the account was deactivated because it was not being used. I tried to reactivate this account and it has prompted me to go through the entire profile creation process again. When I entered my phone number in the phone verification field, I got the message that the number is used by another account. This is my phone number and I cannot complete my application. Please advise.

Hi Christina,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dynamicbydesign
Community Member

I had a duplicate account that I closed but current account is saying my number is still associated with old closed account when I try to verify. Please help!

Hi Ambar,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
rob_fox
Community Member

I previously signed up for upwork but my account was deactivated due to not being used. Now I have had to make a new account but it still says my phone number is being used by another account (that no longer exists). How do I fix?

You are not allowed to create a new account.

You will need to work with Upwork Customer Support to close the new account and begin using the original account.

How do I get in contact with support? Chat bot only sends me here and I couldn't see a number listed.

Hi Robert,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having the same issue as well. Can someone please help?

Hi Nike,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
824f800c
Community Member

Hello,

My phone number is associated with another account I had. I have no access to the email and that account to fix this problem. How can I solve this issue, so I can verify my phone number with my current account.

Please help!

Best regards,

Gabriel Medina

Hi Gabriel,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
34110a5e
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my phone number but I keep getting the message that my number is already in use. I need help. I don't recall having an account already made let alone entering my phone number.

Hi Olivia,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem - I input my phone number and it says it's already associated with another account.

Hi Stuart,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
acca2adc
Community Member

I cannot get past my account set up because when I try to register my phone number I get an error message saying "This number is being used by another account." I had an old account linked to another email, but it was was never used and I am trying to get set up with my professional email account.

You aren't allowed to create a new freelancer account. You will need to work with Upwork Customer Support to remove the new account and resume using your original account.

Hello Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to register your phone number. Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with Upwork username or email address of your old account so I could check and assist you further?

Thanks!

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hello,

When I try to make an up work account it says it is being used by another account I had never made another account. Could someone please help me

Hi Neil,

Could you please share the email address you are trying to use in creating an account so I can check? You can send it to me via PM by clicking on my name. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

When I try to make an up work account, I receive an error message that my number is associated with another account. I don't believe that I've ever made an account with UpWork. Where do I go to resolve this issue?

Hi Taylor,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
acca2adc
Community Member

I tried to complete my Upwork account but I get an error message when I enter my phone number saying "This number is being used by another account." Can I please get some help with this issue so I can complete my account set up? Thank you.

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello! It has been several years since I last did work on Upwork. Since then, I no longer have access to the email associated with my phone number, nor do I have the credit card/Paypal information associated with my phone number. I am locked out of the account and need to link my new information to my phone number since Upwork only allows one account per phone number. Thank you!

Hi Elizabeth,

I can see you were able to explain this to our team via support ticket #31699411. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
00tasha
Community Member

I am trying to set up my account and it says the phone number I have put in for varification is already in use. How to fix that?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Natasha.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
19f44289
Community Member

Hi Team! 

I have been locked out of my account and it wants me to verify with a phone number add to the account. Whenever I add the phone number it tells me its already associated with another account. 

I had a team member reach out to help yesterday, but I never got a response. Any direction on resolving this problem is appreciated! 

Thanks!

Anna

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anna,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths