cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number is already in use

Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
41 of 149

Hi Marchielhen,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via an email to assist you further with the issue you are experiencing. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
Cassandra M Member Since: Dec 6, 2020
42 of 149
I never get a text to verify my cell number so I can't finish creating my profile. It's a cell # that I've had for years and I get all of my other text messages. Just nothing from Upwork.
43 of 149

Hi Cassandra,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
Shalaya H Member Since: Dec 6, 2020
44 of 149

Hi. I recently closed my account to create a more professional name for my upwork account. However, when I try to use my telephone number for verification, It says it is already in use. I am using the same exact email as my previous account I recently closed. Can you help?

Thank you!

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
45 of 149

Shalaya H wrote:

Hi. I recently closed my account to create a more professional name for my upwork account. However, when I try to use my telephone number for verification, It says it is already in use. I am using the same exact email as my previous account I recently closed. Can you help?

Thank you!

Do you mean you have a fake name on your profile? Cuz it has to be the name on your ID or you'll get suspended. You're not supposed to make a new account, so if you closed it to avoid feedback or something they will tell you that you need to use the old one and close this one.

46 of 149

Hi Shalaya,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with updating your phone number. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
Shalaya H Member Since: Dec 6, 2020
47 of 149

Thank you Nikola

Karan S Member Since: Jul 29, 2019
48 of 149

Hi, 

I joined upwork today, and was trying to sign up for different jobs. I was prevented from doing so, as my number was not updated. 

Upwork would not let me update my number as it is currently being used by another profile, how could I change this/encounter this? 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
49 of 149

Karan S wrote:

Hi, 

I joined upwork today, and was trying to sign up for different jobs. I was prevented from doing so, as my number was not updated. 

Upwork would not let me update my number as it is currently being used by another profile, how could I change this/encounter this? 

How/why is your number being used by another profile?

Karan S Member Since: Jul 29, 2019
50 of 149

I'm not too sure as why my numbers being used. This is the first I am hearing of it. 

There might have been the odd-chance that I did create an account with upwork a while back but did not use it after the initial registration and email address. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS