Did you mean: 

Phone Number is already in use

Marvin H Member Since: Jul 23, 2020
61 of 149

I am having the same issue.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
62 of 149

Hi Marvin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Harshu P Member Since: Dec 7, 2020
63 of 149

I am having the same issue. Please assist ASAP!

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
64 of 149

Hi Harshu,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Nikki P Member Since: Nov 24, 2019
65 of 149

I'm unable to add my phone number to begin freelancing because I receive an error message that it's still associated with my old account. I deactivated my old account and don't even know what email address it was associated with. I'd really like to be able to work.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
66 of 149

You appear to have misunderstood some important Upwork rules.

You are not allowed to have an old account and create a new account. Freelancers are permanently terminated from the platform if they are caught doing this.

You may work with Upwork Customer Support to resume using your first account, and work with them to shut down the new account you created. If you will work with them, you will not get in trouble.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
67 of 149

Hi Nikki,

Could you please send me a PM with more information so I can check this for you? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Linh T Member Since: Dec 7, 2020
68 of 149

This happens to me as well. Can you check please?

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
69 of 149

Hi Linh,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Nicolette Q Member Since: Dec 7, 2020
70 of 149

I'm trying to open an account but my phone number is already in use and I can't create one without that... I probably opened one years ago and never did anything with it. I don't know the username or password for that pervious account but I want to open a new one with my current credentials.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS