cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number is already in use

Yuanjian L Member Since: Dec 10, 2020
81 of 149

Hi Nikola,

I have replied to the ticket. The problem is still not solved, but it was marked as solved. I think the phone number issue is probably a programming bug. And it's on the page of phone number verification, not other places. On my profile and bank page, I can type in 11 digits.

Best,

Yuanjian

Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
82 of 149

Hi Yuanjian,

I'm sorry for any confusion that could've caused. I see that you followed up on the ticket and the team handling your case should be getting back to you soon. Kindly communicate through that ticket if you have any questions so that the team can assist you more effectively.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi

Untitled
83 of 149

Hi Luiggi,

Till now, there is still no one reaching me. I think they should probably mark the issue as open instead of solved. I believe this is due to a programming bug and can be solved only in two ways: (1) they manually verify my phone number; (2) they fix the bug on that page. This is urgent, as I cannot apply for any jobs at this time without the phone number verification.

Best,

Yuanjian

84 of 149

I have solved this problem by manually editing the HTML file. There is a maxlength attribute bound to the input element. I consider this a test for joining the Upwork, but this is indeed a bug. By the way, I still cannot see two small deposits in my bank.

Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
85 of 149

Hi Yuanjian,

I am sorry to hear the team could not follow up with you sooner. I've shared your concern with them and they will anyways be getting back to you and will be assisting you further via the same support ticket with the situation you have with those funds.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
86 of 149

Hi Luiggi,

I still cannot see the two small amount of deposits on my bank account, and there are no moderators responding to my questions on the ticket. Could you please have look at the ticket and find someone that can actually solve the problem?

Best,

Yuanjian

Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
87 of 149

Hi Yuanjian,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a new support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
Matthew G Member Since: Dec 14, 2020
88 of 149

When setting up my freelancer account and adding my phone number, I am told my phone number is already in use. How can I resolve this? Thanks you.

Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
89 of 149

Hi Matthew,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Vanessa M Member Since: Dec 14, 2020
90 of 149

I want to delete an old inactive account from 3 years ago under**Edited for community guidelines**

I have since opened a new account and am down to the last step to verifying the phone number and the system won't do it because it is saying the phone number belongs to another account, which is me

What other information do you need to verify the old account information?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS