🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Phone already being used?
Page options
8e77b101
Community Member

Phone already being used?

Hi,

I am trying to create my Upwork freelance profile but after I complete the process and press Finish the system tells me that my phone number is already being used with another account. I'm confused since I don't remember having signed in to Upwork before. Would you kindly advise what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrea,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,

This same situation is happening to me.  Please contact me at **Edited for Community Guidelines**.   My work email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**which apparently has been removed from my account.  

Gary Spangler

Hi GB,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same thing is happening to me I don't remember making an account before.

Hi Sean,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

Please help me, i am getting the same error. I even opened the ticket and no one has responded to the ticket for last week or so. Please advice.

Thanks!

Hi Shakuntala,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths