🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Phone number already in use, but already dele...
Page options
davidhamel
Community Member

Phone number already in use, but already deleted by previous user

I am trying to register with my phone number. I can't because it is "already in use". However, the person who used it previously has already removed it from their account. Could you make the phone number available again / update your database? Please advise! Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
mtngigi
Community Member

David-Christian H wrote:

I am trying to register with my phone number. I can't because it is "already in use". However, the person who used it previously has already removed it from their account. Could you make the phone number available again / update your database? Please advise! Thanks in advance!

What do you mean ... "the person who used it previously"? If you had another account, you cannot created a second account.

petra_r
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

David-Christian H wrote:

What do you mean ... "the person who used it previously"? If you had another account, you cannot created a second account.

Maybe the same US number is being used to verify US location for more than one account...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David-Christian,

I've shared your concern with our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths