Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number verification on new account

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
21 of 31

Hi James,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Peter J Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
22 of 31

Hello, i cant receive a sms-code on my phone number, because it was blocked. I want to change number but upwork dont give me that oppurtunity, please help me to change my phone number, otherwise i can not complete registration, thanks

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
23 of 31

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Peter J Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
24 of 31

Sorry, but i dont see any formed requests

Highlighted
Samantha W Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
25 of 31

Hello 

I am also having a similar problem as I need to verify my account via phone number before I can get started on Upwork. I have spoken to the community bot, and it told me to reach out in on one of the forum pages. 

If a member of the support team could please reach out to me to help solve this issue I would be eternally grateful. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Samantha 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
26 of 31

Hi Samantha,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Kaila P Member Since: Jun 24, 2020
27 of 31

I am having the same problem. Do you know if it is system wide, or should I wait for support to reach out?

Kaila

Highlighted
28 of 31

Hi David and Kaila,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in verifying your phone numbers. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Paola T Member Since: Feb 29, 2020
29 of 31

Hi there!  I am new to Upwork in the process of setting up my profile.  I am currently not residing in the US, and therefore without access to my US phone. My permanent address is in the US and I am legally setup to work in the country where I currently reside, but I am stuck in the "create your Profile" screen on the phone verification step, and even though I was able to update my number and send the verification code to my current number abroad earlier from my settings page, the phone verification screen continues to require a US number.  Can someone please contact me about this?  Thanks so much!!

Highlighted
30 of 31

Hi Paola,

Thanks for reaching out. It is important that you provide your current location when creating your profile. Since you're currently outside of the US, then you must provide the address of where you are currently residing. You can update your location once you're back in the US.

As confirmed by our team, your country has been updated, and you should now be able to update your address and phone number. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS