🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Phone verification issue
Page options
9d44ef58
Community Member

Phone verification issue

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new account as a freelancer but it's my phone number was registered to an old account which I thought I canceled already. Is it possible to use my personal number again for my new account??

9 REPLIES 9
lysis10
Community Member

No you have to reopen the old account.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven, 

I'm sorry for the delay. A member of the team will reach out to you with more information regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9d44ef58
Community Member

Thanks!

9d44ef58
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I still haven't received any help on this. How long will it take?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Steven.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
9d44ef58
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

Still never got assistance with this. I think someone created an account using my phone number and I cannot create an account because of it!!!!!!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email and is awaiting for your response. Kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information about the issue you're experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
9d44ef58
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I don't know what email was used to verify my phone number. I did not authorize the use of my personal phone number to create an account so I cannot reply through that email. Not sure how this happened!!! Please help me. Thanks.

Hi Steven,

I checked, and I can confirm that our team reached out to you already. You may want to check the email address that you frequently use to verify the email address you use on Upwork. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths