cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo uploads, but face is not detected

Kim V Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
1 of 32

Hello,

I am trying to complete my profile and when I upload my photo - it does upload successfully - I get an error message in red saying it cannot detect my face.  I have tried several times, several photos, and I have erased the metadata along with rotating it and it still can't detect my face.  

Does anyone know how to fix this so I can post my profile?

I have attached one of the photos.

Thank you for your help!

Kim Vincent

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 32

Try it without your glasses. I've seen some people have success that way

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 32

Hi Kim, 

We do require users to set their profile photos in a way that clearly shows their head and neck. Could you try using a different photo, or retaking the picture so that it clearly shows your face, neck, and/or shoulders? 

-Avery
Untitled
Sandy E Member Since: Mar 23, 2017
4 of 32

I have tried several photos with my head and neck, and I don't wear glasses. None of these work. Is there a way I can send my photo to a real person for them to have a look at?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 32

Hi Sandy, 

I would suggest that you use a close-up photo of yourself, that way your face is clearly seen on the photo. You may want to check out this blog post to get tips on how you can improve your profile photo. 

-Avery
Untitled
Sandy E Member Since: Mar 23, 2017
6 of 32

Thanks for your reply. I really do not want to put a close up photo showing all the blemishes on my face. Does this mean I can't use UpWork at all?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 32

@Sandy E wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I really do not want to put a close up photo showing all the blemishes on my face. Does this mean I can't use UpWork at all?

Sandy, check your PMs in the top left hand corner of the screen.

pms.jpg

Irving V Member Since: Oct 28, 2017
8 of 32

Hello! I'm having the same trouble as her, I'm trying to use the same profile picture that I use for professional work, I'd really really like to keep using it as I feel identified with it.

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
9 of 32

Hi Irving,

A member of our team will reach out to you shortly to further assist you with uploading your profile photo.

Lanie M
Untitled
Brandon H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
10 of 32

Hello, I've been trying to upload photos to my profile but it keeps telling me my face isn't detected. Most of these images you can clearly see my face. I would really rather not have to take an awkward looking dead on photo because it will look funny and I won't feel comfortable with having that as my photo. Could you please make this my profile photo? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS