🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile Picture
Page options
cutecheecks
Community Member

Photo

I am having trouble with uploading my photo and after I filled out my profile and the other information, it did not save because all of the field requirements weren't met.

50 REPLIES 50
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Brenda,

Could you please try uploading a different photo? Make sure the photo isn't too dark, is not a long shot and your face is clearly visible.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
cutecheecks
Community Member

I am still having trouble with uploading my profile picture. I have tried several times and I have even tried downloading a different photograph. And since I can not upload my profile picture, It will not let me save any of my information.

I would really like to get this fixed so that I can start on my business. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Brenda Ellis

Hi Brenda,

Do you see an error when you try to upload your picture? What kind of error is it? Can you please provide a screenshot? 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi,am having a problem in uploading my profile picture.kindly assist

Hi Millicent,

Please make sure your face photo is clearly visible in the photo you're uploading, which should include no more than your head and shoulders. Please let me know if you were able to upload the photo afterwards.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

my profile is not applu

Hi there,

I checked and it looks like you just recently submitted your profile for review. Please note that once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Are you experiencing any issue while trying to upload your profile picture? If so please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to upload your image. Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I too am having trouble uploading a profile picuture. I have a professional photo all with the correct specifications however there is no save/upload button. PLEASE for goodness sake can someone FIX THIS!!??

I'm sorry to learn your experience, Laura. Please send a screen grab of what you're seeing on your end so that we can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork

This is the error that I am getting.

Signed in as Brenda Ellis
Sign-out

Create your Profile
When you submit a proposal, clients review your profile to decide if your skills and experience match what they are looking for. It's time to create a profile with the jobs you want in mind. This is your opportunity to market your freelance business to clients.
Note that your profile must be approved, so take time to fill it out accurately.
Looking for inspiration? Check out these strong profile examples from a writer/translator, a developer, and a customer service agent.
What you've told us so far
You want to work in Admin Support
Edit
You are focusing in Data Entry , Personal / Virtual Assistant , Transcription and Other - Admin Support
Your skills are: TranscriptionVirtual AssistantAdministrative SupportData Entry
Your experience level is Expert
Tell us more about you
Please upload a professional portrait that clearly shows your face

Freelancers with a friendly, professional-looking portrait are
hired 5 times more often than those without a photo.
Add a photo now
Add a professional title that describes the work you do
Try to choose a title that will help you stand out.

Write a brief professional overview
Highlight your top skills, experience, and interests. This is one of the first things clients will see on your profile.

Education
Tell us about your education history.
Other, CMA/CMAA | Ashworth College
2015 - 2018 (expected)
Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant
Other, ICD 9 Coding | Franklin Technology
2014 - 2014
Other, Phlebotomy | Franklin Technology
2014 - 2014
Associate's degree | Crowder College
1983 - 1985
Employment History
Write about previous positions, companies, and the number of years you've worked, plus highlight relevant projects and accomplishments.
Customer Service Representative/Receptionist | Freeman Health System
January 2006 - October 2016
Patient calls, scheduled appointments, scheduled patient tests and ordered patient referral. Updated patient demographics and insurance.
Owner | Heavenly Looks
May 2002 - April 2005
What is your English proficiency?
Select your proficiency

Set your Hourly Rate
Hourly Rate
This is the amount the client will see

/ hr

20% Upwork Service Fee Explain this

/ hr

You'll Receive
The estimated amount you'll receive after service fees.

/ hr
Add your availability and location
How many hours do you have available for work each week?
Don't worry, you can always update this later.
Please select...

Please input your full address
We take your privacy seriously and share only your city and country with clients. Learn more
Address

City

Country
United States

State
Please select

ZIP Code

This field is required
Phone Number

See what your profile will look like to prospective clients.
Review Profile & Submit

About Us
Blog
Feedback
Community
Trust & Safety
Help & Support
Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
Desktop App
Cookie Policy
Enterprise Solutions
Hiring Headquarters
Mobile
Service Code

© 2015 - 2017 Upwork Global Inc.

Edit Portrait

Drag frame to adjust portrait.
Upload a different photo
Your profile portrait

Must be an actual picture of you! Logos, clip-art, group pictures, and digitally-altered images not allowed.
Save Cancel
Can't upload image
Please use a photo that is at least 250px by 250px or increase crop size
Cancel

Hi Brenda,

Could you please make sure the picture you are uploading is at least 250px by 250px? Also it has to be an actual photo of you where your face is clearly visible. You can attach your picture to your reply here and I'll take a look.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I also cannot get my profile uploaded because of my picture. Your program tells me that it's not a picture of me, but it most certainly is. 

Hi Peter,

I can actually see your photo when I go to your profile page, hence it has been uploaded successfully. Can you confirm if you see the same thing on your end? If not, can you log out then log back in. 

Yes I see it now. I had to start all over for it to work. I had to refresh the page (control-F5) and then o had to make sure choosing the image was the first thing I selected.

Previously when it failed, I had everything else already filled out. Apparently it didn’t like that.

Sorry for the trouble. I am happy the steps you took worked. Thanks for confirming. 

I can't upload this into my profile.  I can't move forward without this.  I've tried numerous photos.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

Please try to resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders.

If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pgazelk
Community Member

I exited the upworks and came back in then it worked fine without
resizing. It was a photo from a photography shop.

Hello sir i am uploading my this picture and it is not upload so kindly justify me hows i will upload my picture here

Hi Mukesh,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to upload your image. If you`re receiving any errors on your end let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I tried logging off and back in again, then it finally worked, but not sure
why?

Please use a photo that is at least 250px by 250px or increase crop size and here is the photo

Brenda5.jpg

Hi Brenda, 

When you were uploading your photo on the window (as shown below), were you experiencing any error? 

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 12.23.41 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi

I just signed up to Upwork. However, I can't complete my profile due to an error "Please use a photo that is at least 250px by 250px or increase crop size" and the image you attached is the image uploader shown when I tried adding my image. please contact me at *** Edited for Community Guidelines ***. My Upwork name is Marlyn Gastanes. I believe I followed the requirements but still I'm receiving the same error all over again. I tried clearing my cache and even used different browsers. Still, it's not letting me upload my photo. Please help. Thanks

Hello Marlyn,

We have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly.

Untitled
cutecheecks
Community Member

Is there a phone number that I can call or can your IT people talk me through fixing my profile picture so that I can finish setting up my account and get started. I have been trying to do this since Monday.

Thank you,

Brenda Ellis

Hi Brenda, 

Could you please check my reply above? And let us know more details about the issue? Currently there is no known issue with uploading a profile image to one's profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Good afternoon

I am having difficulty uploading my photo

can you help?

Hi Molly,

Could you please select a different photo of yourself that has more natural lighting and where your face is clearly visible?

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Molly:

Also: There are three people in this photo.

Submit a photo that only shows you.

i try uploading a picture that is 250x250 and still im not able to upload. its frustraiting.

Hi Jimmy,

Do you see an error when you try to upload your picture? What kind of error is it? Can you please provide a screenshot? 

Hi,

I am not able to upload the picture, tried many times...

Following message is shown even picture is 250px by 250px

Hi Arshad,

A member of our team will contact you directly to assist you with the isue you encounter when uploading your profile photo.

Ok,

vmleung
Community Member

Same problem, getting the same error message over and over. I picked a not-too-dark image which is at least 250x250px and is of my face. See attached screenshot of error message - note there is no specific error type mentioned.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Valerie, 

An agent from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you via email to help resolve this issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bonilee
Community Member

Hi, the same happened to me. I tried changing with other pictures, the same still happened. I refreshed the page, cache, and changing browser, it didn't work as well. Thank you.

bonilee
Community Member

nevermind, fix it somehow. thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths