Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plagiarism

Highlighted
John C Member Since: May 8, 2017
1 of 5

Hi Upworkers

I was asked to rewrite a piece as a 'sample' but found that it was a straight lift from a health blogger, and effectively I was facilitating the robbery (by the individual posting the job) of another writer's hard work. What can be done about this? Can we as workers 'flag' unscrupulous copy agencies or bloggers that plagiarize other people's work and then get us to rehash it?

I'm a trained journalist and I know this stuff happens all the time, what with the internet being a big copy washing machine and all, but I didn't like being asked to do this as if it was a kosher request.

Thoughts anyone?

john

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 5

Flag the job post as "fraud" and let CS know.  That's definitely against the TOS and needs to be addressed by a moderator, who I'm sure will jump in here.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
3 of 5

Hi John,

Please send me a PM with the details of the job posting and the client. We will take actions towards the client. 
Thank you for reporting.

Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
John C Member Since: May 8, 2017
4 of 5

Hi Goran

I can't find the job post, but here are the details of the poster:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Can I make a wee comment? It would be great if there was a link back to the original job posting from workers' message feeds. Is there one? I can't find out how to review the original post, which can sometimes be useful to help recall the client's requirements as well as to keep track of the (many) jobs applied for.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

John
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 5

Hi John, 

I've sent the details of the job post and the client for the team's review. Actions will be taken against the client's account and the job post if proven to be violating the ToS.

-Avery
Untitled