🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Please Help Me Review My Profile
Page options
hoywrites
Community Member

Please Help Me Review My Profile

Hello, I signed up my upwork account months ago and since then I have not gotten a single job.

My guess: I am doing something wrong. 

Can some please help me review my profile and point out where I should make necessary adjustments.

I will so much appreciate this.

Thanks and Warm Regards.

Oluwafemi.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Oluwafemi,

Sorry to hear that. I can understand that is it really dissapointing when you are not winning jobs. It can be difficult at first, but you just have to be persistent and not give up. You may want to consider checking out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ Joanne
Upwork

My suggestions - You have multiple grammar errors in your profile - I suggest you set your English to fluent rather than native.  Lose the introduction - it's a waste of valuable space.  Add to your portfolio - you can add things that you write specifically for your portfolio.  Take some more tests.

Good luck - hope this helps!

mthornton-cpc
Community Member

The formatting you're using is odd. A new line after every sentence isn't standard. It could be off-putting to clients to see consistently unorthodox formatting in your profile because you're selling yourself as a writer. 

Mary's spot-on about the grammatical and spelling errors. You've got to fix those. Write a profile overview that's short & sweet. Review some other writers' profiles and see the sorts of things they do to differentiate themselves from the competition and make themselves attractive to clients. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths