🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Please, Review My Profile
Page options
gerrit90
Community Member

Please, Review My Profile

Hey guys,

this is my first time posting here.
I am on UpWork for a few month now, and it starts to get a little bit momentum.
This week I will breach the 1000 Dollar total earnings. 

However, I am still pretty unsatisfied, how few of my proposals come back with an interview invitation.

Could you guys give me a short review of my profile?
What do you like?
What dont you like?
What would you change?

I would appreciate any Feedback!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,400 REPLIES 1,400

thanks for your reply 

i am trying to get short project but can't geeting good feedback form client somites talked me and hire other freelancer if i ask the where wwasa my problm they only said that they have hired a person who have worked woth them before. if they hire them so why should the post job and waste freelancers time ??? 

is't lol ?? 

opyke
Community Member

I'm 3weeks old on upwork,but have not gotten a job.I've written 4 tests,& filled my profile.Please my upwork name is Udochukwu Chinanu, can someone kindly check my profile & correct me where I'm getting it wrong.I need to start getting work please.Thanks

@Udochukwu C wrote:
I'm 3weeks old on upwork,but have not gotten a job.I've written 4 tests,& filled my profile.Please my upwork name is Udochukwu Chinanu, can someone kindly check my profile & correct me where I'm getting it wrong.I need to start getting work please.Thanks

Use of interpunction symbols: comma, stop. It's a sheet of text, separate it into two paragraphs. 

Solve tests related to writers. Add portfolio samples.

Good luck.

Your profile is set to private.  We can't see it to give you a profile review.Smiley Happy

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Let me use my psychic powers then. I'm sure it's possible to review these profiles without actually seeing them:

1) Your profile is plagiarised

2) You have exaggerated your English competence

3) You are claiming to have IT skills you've seen on other profiles.

4) At least one test has a suspiciously high score.

5) You either have no portfolio, or one which seems suspiciously good.

How many did I score?

alamgir12051990
Community Member

Dear friends,

Please tell me ... how to get a first job  in upwork.. l'm applied many jobs.. but most of the job are declined some active not hire, others no anwser... what can i do?  please tell me.. and visited my profile and give me some suggestion.

Thanks all of my ffriends

Alamgir

@Alamgir h wrote:

Dear friends,

Friends! I have friends!

1360567490218199.jpg

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
opyke
Community Member

Plz can someone help review my profile,so that i can know where i got it wrong that has made me unable to get a job.i'm 3wks old in upwork,i've completed my profile and have done 4 skills test,i've sent some proposals but have not recieved any interview or jobs.

Udochukwu, I just did. Scroll above or click on the previous page.

@Udochukwu C wrote:
Plz can someone help review my profile,so that i can know where i got it wrong that has made me unable to get a job.i'm 3wks old in upwork,i've completed my profile and have done 4 skills test,i've sent some proposals but have not recieved any interview or jobs.

I'm not the world's best writer but  I dont see how you're charging $50 an hour writing. Your bio is one lonnnnnng paragraph and it's hard to read and you've made mistakes on your page. 

You are competing with a ton of writers here, so you gotta up your game. 

Google what you need to know about writing.  

If you get free advice from the experts, use that advice. (I'm not an expert, so you don't have to listen to everything I say. lol). No one has to help anyone here, but they do it out of the goodness of their hearts. Well, most of them. lol

Your Upwork skills tests aren't showing  yet. 

@Udochukwu C wrote:

With all due respect....You wrote this in your profile...

"I write 100% plagiarism and error free articles" 

Yet, there are a million errors in your profile alone. There are spaces after periods and commas - I couldn't even get past the fact that there were none in yours to do much more than scan through it. This is a sample of your writing that you are showing to potential clients who you would like to consider you as a writer...? 

chebbaelyes
Community Member

Hello, could someone please review my profile?

Thanks a lot!

swhite31
Community Member

Hi I am new to Upwork and would appreciate it if someone could look at my profile. I am getting invites but no job yet. I have already had two clients contact me that were scams which I reported. Any help would be appreciated and I know would be help. I am qualified in 3 fields and one of them I have 30 years of experience so I am banking on that one to be the most invites for but it is a highly competitive field. 

Thank You

@Sherry W wrote:

Hi I am new to Upwork and would appreciate it if someone could look at my profile. I am getting invites but no job yet. I have already had two clients contact me that were scams which I reported. Any help would be appreciated and I know would be help. I am qualified in 3 fields and one of them I have 30 years of experience so I am banking on that one to be the most invites for but it is a highly competitive field. 

Thank You

Except it's both capital letter in Microsoft Office, everything I see is good.

Maybe more tests?

@Sherry W wrote:

Thank You

Is English not your native language? If it is, I'd change it to Native. Small thing, but it might be important to some clients to hire someone with native English  

chebbaelyes
Community Member

Could someone be so kind as to review my profile page? Thanks.

@Elyes M wrote:

Could someone be so kind as to review my profile page? Thanks.

Except capital letter for Upwork, everything else is fine.

Good luck.

Hello,

I really appreciate the help offered here..

I am a newbie and would really appreciate if someone can have a look at my profile and suggest me accordingly.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Vishnupriya

@vishnupriya c wrote:

Hello,

I am a newbie and would really appreciate if someone can have a look at my profile and suggest me accordingly.

Regards,

Vishnupriya

Your profile looks solid. Only thing I'd recommend would be to improve the Summary. Other than that, it's possible that it could be your Cover Letter submission. If that's the case, use these tips to your advantage: https://www.freelancersunion.org/blog/2015/12/23/3-common-cover-letter-mistakes/ 

@vishnupriya c wrote:

Hello,

Regards,

Vishnupriya

Your name surname initial, and name of a place you live in should be in capital letters.

Overview should not use shortcuts, eg. "ex" instead "experience", and there should be at least 2-3 sentences more.

Other than that profile looks well enough.

Good luck.

Hi everyone!

I apologize for bothering you, but perhaps I could really use some feedback on my profile as well.

So far, I've sent proposals for around 100 job offers over the past seven months, but I was selected only six times. I keep getting rejected and running out of connects over and over again, and it's starting to take a toll on my professional and academic confidence.

I cut my overview short, I approved several UpWork tests, I tweaked my portfolio, I got 4 positive reviews, and I'm starting to get a bit desperate because I can't make it work out.

I'm currently tagged as "Rising Talent" for the second time, but it doesn't seem to make any difference at all for clients when it comes to selecting candidates.

I also stopped wasting my connects on proposals from clients with unverified payment methods and/or a history of really low payments to other freelancers, but still... maybe my rates are too high? Or maybe it's the exact opposite?

I can't tell what I'm missing anymore.

You need to set your profile to public otherwise nobody can see it.

Hello Ramon,

I've just noticed it when I clicked on my own avatar. However, I've just changed it to "public" but it doesn't seem to make any difference. =/

I expect you'll need to wait a while. It's normally the case with Upwork.

If I kept getting rejected because my profile was set to "private" all along... I'll just hit my head against the nearest wall.

lysis10
Community Member

@Eleonora R wrote:

If I kept getting rejected because my profile was set to "private" all along... I'll just hit my head against the nearest wall.

Your profile looks pretty solid to me. It took me about a year to get a good flow and even then there are slow times. 

battershall-ramo
Community Member

I'd get rid of 'got' though, it's too colloquial. Also, the way I started was taking lots of tiny jobs to get the star rating (as job success was known then) up. You might also want to think about applying for jobs without a payment method too. In my experience, many of the unverified ones are either waiting for the right person, or genuinely think they've verified it.

Friends please can you review my profile.

eleorod
Community Member

Jennifer: Your comment makes me feel so relieved that you wouldn't believe it. I think I just panicked a bit with the whole "set to private" issue. *Deep breaths...*

Ramon: I've just fixed the two "got" phrases in my overview, and I'm grateful for your feedback. No matter how careful I am with my proposals, it's not even close to the end of the month and I've already run out of connects. =/ I think perhaps it's time for me to invest on the paid membership.

chebbaelyes
Community Member

Okay, here goes my third try at getting a review.

I've been having trouble landing jobs. I'm wondering if it's because of my profile. Could someone please take a look and point out anything wrong or missing? I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks.

sivavranagaro
Community Member

@Eleonora, everything is good on your profile. There I see a comma in a bracket in second paragraph.

Just take patience. I had many jobs so far, and I'm mad this month. Clients rarely respond to my applications, and I lost my connects. Though, I have little work from my long term clients, I have to search new jobs constantly.

Anyway, good luck.

@Elyes, I replied to you on previous page. Your profile is fine.

You should write Upwork with capital letter. Good luck.

Thanks a lot. It's weird how I didn't see your reply; I thought I looked carefully.

It's comforting to know, though, that my profile is clean. I will add that capital letter.

Thanks again!

Thank you Vesna! I've just corrected it!

carahh
Community Member

Valeria,

Can you please share your review regarding my profile? It would be highly appreciated. As I am new on Upwork, not exactly new, its been 6 months but still I yet not get any work despite on sending proposals, improving my profile etc. 

Best,

SARAH

Hi Sarah,

There are a few things that can be improved in your profile. I would suggest you capitalize your last name properly and remove "Full Time Freelancer" from your profile title. It is also not quite clear from your profile title and overview what kind of services are you offering to clients on Upwork. While it's alright to use bullet-points, currently your whole overview consists of a few bullet points, so you may need to add some full sentences for introduction. Additionally, it would be beneficial if you added more portfolio items to showcase your skills and experience.

Make sure to check out this additional materials:

Building a Freelancer Profile

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria

How are you?

My name is Sam Lim, live in Singapore.

I saw you are good solution authors on here.

I have problems on my account.

I just received email from Upwork Help Center.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

I have worked with him on upwork and we followed upwork policies too.

And We completed job successfully without issues.

You can find him on Client lists on upwork.

But I received above email from upwork. I am very mortified at being mistreated now.

I hope to work with clients on upwork long term.

So I need of help from you.

Would you like to explain how can i resolve this problem?

Sorry for my poor english.

Looking forward to hear good response from you.

Thanks.

Sam Lim

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam, 

Please take note that I have edited your post as it violates the Upwork Community Guidelines - Posting email content, chat transcripts or other private communication. You may read more about the community guidelines here

Unfortunately, we are not able to share details about your account suspension here in the Community. I would recommend you communicate with Customer Support via the open ticket in order to get this issue resolved. 

Avery

~ Avery
Upwork

@sarah a wrote:

Valeria,

Can you please share your review regarding my profile? It would be highly appreciated. As I am new on Upwork, not exactly new, its been 6 months but still I yet not get any work despite on sending proposals, improving my profile etc. 

Best,

SARAH

I'm not Valeria, but I'm bored and so have time to answer: 

- Put your surname first letter capital,

- Re-write overview text so it's not a bullet point list

- Add more portfolio items if you have

- Solve tests

Good luck.

HI,

Can anyone review my profile.

Nope. We can't. It's private.

-----------