🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Please explain me the balance amount + why sa...
Page options
9c2b61c0
Community Member

Please explain me the balance amount + why saying PLUS client account??

Hi, i am new to upwork.

I just hired and pay my first freelancer, a total of 350 USD.

However when i go into Balance, it shows a total debit of 620$, which is almost twice the amount!!

Please explain this to me.. thanks!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Also, my freelancer told me i am an upwork PLUS client??? What is that?? I never agreed to that, i want a basic, simple account..

He said to me "Please check with upwork as they should not charge twice for that work. Usually its 20% ie. $280(I will receive) + $70(upwork commission) => $350 + 2.5% ($6) transactions charges only as far I know. "

Please come back to me about this! I'm new to upwork, I had a good experience with my freelancer, but this is making me nervous...

Update: i went into my account and I saw this:

So i went into my accout and cancelled it (I hire only once every 3  years on Upwork,, I dont need th eplus option)..

Please confirm that I wont be charged anything...more than the 350 USD + 10 $ of fee (the 2.5% fee)

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isabelle,

You will see several rows in your Transaction history for one milestone. That's because each step of the payment is recorded:

Funds are deposited into your account from a billing method
Funds move out of your account into escrow
Funds move out of your account to cover the payment processing fee
When releasing payment, funds are deposited back in your account from escrow
Funds are sent from your account to the freelancer

But to confirm, you only paid $350 for the contract you're referring to. You can also check that by going to Jobs and clicking on the contract title. In the Milestones & Payments tab, you'll see how much has been released to the freelancer. For more information, check out this help article.

I checked and you won't be charged for the Plus plan going forward. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
9c2b61c0
Community Member

Ok, and are there any other fee other, than the 350 usd?...

thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isabelle,

Payments are subject to a standard 3% processing fee. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths