🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Please guide me about the activity on the...
Page options
ustadsahib
Community Member

Please guide me about the activity on the job....

PLease tell me about the activity on the job...what does it means? e.g

Activity on this Job

Proposals: 10 to 15

Last Viewed by Client: 5 days ago

Hires: 1

Interviewing: 1

Invites Sent: 2

Unanswered Invites: 1

And also tell me that how i will know that who has been granted with that job and what was the price?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
knwlzahid
Community Member

It means the client receive 10 to 15 proposals for its project.

Client has send 2 invites of which 1 inivte is unanswered. And 1 is answered that is showing as interveiwed.

The client hired one freelancer.

You can't know at this time who is hired. but check it in jobs in progress now or after few days,  you'll get the name of one who hired for this job posting. But you can't know at what price.

Kanwal

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
knwlzahid
Community Member

It means the client receive 10 to 15 proposals for its project.

Client has send 2 invites of which 1 inivte is unanswered. And 1 is answered that is showing as interveiwed.

The client hired one freelancer.

You can't know at this time who is hired. but check it in jobs in progress now or after few days,  you'll get the name of one who hired for this job posting. But you can't know at what price.

Kanwal

So if they hire a freelancer it shows hired, does it means no other freelancer can/should apply for the job?

Gurudev P wrote:

So if they hire a freelancer it shows hired, does it means no other freelancer can/should apply for the job?

Yes, unless the client specifically is looking to hire more than one.

Hi.

When client hired any freelancer, and he not selected or not wrote that need for N freelancers, why job stay opened?
I.e. I want understand client's "tools":

- Job not close automatically and client must close it or do it "private" "manually", so, if client  specially not close it, already hired job "open" status can be by mistake or client "forgot" close it. In this case not need "submit a proposal".

- After hire, job close automatically and client must specifically keep it "open", so client planning hire again for this job, if hired freelancer not do the job correctly, or for any reason. In this case, if have "Connects", maybe we should do "submit a proposal".

- ?
?

Thanks.

If it says you can propose then the client left the job open (not private) which means you could technically propose.  I can't remember if it shows in that box but I know at the top of the it says that they are looking for N freelancers sometimes so if they are looking for multiples it might be worth proposing.  However, I think better connect strategy would be to not to unless it is a  job you feel quite strongly about.

But obviously if they dont' say anything about hiring more freelancers than it is almost never a good idea to fire a proposal.

Hi, does it also show the number of hires even if it's 'fixed priced' rather than hourly?

tajda
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to Upwork, and I just notices that there is Hired and Hires. Does Hires mean that it still makes sense to send a proposal? Thank you

If it showing 1 freelancer is hired that mean we dont need to submit our proposal is it worth it after it showing any hire in the project.

Then to my point of view I believe that Upwork should immediately close the post as soon as a freelancer is hired by the client, i did not know about this issue until I read these posts, as I am new to Upwork I have been sending proposal and wasting connects to job that was already granted to someone... I believe this is probably a way to let beginners waste their credit...

Dominique P wrote:

Then to my point of view I believe that Upwork should immediately close the post as soon as a freelancer is hired by the client, i did not know about this issue until I read these posts, as I am new to Upwork I have been sending proposal and wasting connects to job that was already granted to someone... I believe this is probably a way to let beginners waste their credit...

Only if people don't read the job post. It is highly recommended to read it thorougly, as well as the feedback the client received and gave to other freelancers, before deciding to apply. 

840df42c
Community Member

noone answered to @Robert M. question. If a client hire a freelancer for his/her project, why the job stays open and not closed automatically ?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths