🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Please help, I made a newbie mistake!
Page options
koen-van_emden
Community Member

Please help, I made a newbie mistake!

Dear community members,

I made a rookie mistake by attaching some personal details to a file I send to my first client. These are details which I rather not share, so I would like to delete the wordx document I send. 

I've send the client a google document instead, but I can't find a solution to delete the word document.

Could someone help me, like a staf member from upwork maybe?

Kind regards,

Koen van Emden

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Koen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify if you are looking to delete your document from Upwork Messages? If so please know that you can use the delete option in Upwork Messages. Click on the "Gear" icon next to the shared file and you will have the option to delete it. Here is a screenshot for reference. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for reply. However, I get what you mean, but I want to delete a file I send.

You do also get an automated message in the chat which you can't delete in the way you just described.

"Koen Van Emden requested payment for the milestone 8:26 PM" with underneath of the message my attachment can't be deleted.

I hope you get what I mean.

Kind regards,

Koen

Hi Koen, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this further. Nikola was able to get the help of the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you with your concern. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to update your support ticket so that the team can continue assisting you.

Also, please don't hesitate to reach out here in the Upwork Community if you need help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths