Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me with my questions

Highlighted
Sergey V Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
1 of 6

Hello!

My name is Sergey. And I have few questions.

I have a client from Upwork and I accepted the job offer from him. Also I would like to create an agency in Upwork.

So my quetions to you:

1. If I will add an agency, how the payments will come from client? To my account or to agency?

2. How does the settlement scheme work with the company? How are VAT taxes included?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Sergey

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Sergey,

1. If I will add an agency, how the payments will come from client? To my account or to agency?

If you are hired from your Freelancer profile, the payment will go to the account balance on your Freelancer profile.

2. How does the settlement scheme work with the company? How are VAT taxes included?

If you're referring to VAT on the payment you received for the services you provided to your clients, you'll need to consult a local tax advisor. Upwork will apply VAT on the services provided to you as the freelancer/agency owner unless you provide a VAT number. You can find more information here.

Highlighted
3 of 6

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for reply.

Could we withdray money from Upwork to our company account?

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
4 of 6

Hi Sergey,

You can withdraw funds from your Freelancer profile only to a payment method you've set up on that account. You can set up the same payment method on both Freelancer and Agency profile, but will need to initiate separate withdrawals.

Highlighted
5 of 6

Hi Vladimir,

I didn't chose the payment method yet and didn't create the agency. This is my first clint, that's why I don't know how it works.

But I'm just would like to know if there is an opportunity to withdraw funds from agency to the bank account of our company? (Bank in Cyprus). Or there is no such opportunity and we should create a company paypal account for example? 

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
6 of 6

Hi Sergey,

Yes, you can add your company's bank account to your Agency profile and use it for withdrawing your earnings.