🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Please, i need help with changing my profile ...
Page options
a_trutneva
Community Member

Please, i need help with changing my profile name to match my id card (my passport)

Hello.

Recently i have got an email from Upwork team to approve my identity via id card or passport.

Unfortunately, when i joined Upwork i didn't noticed that i will be asked for identity aprovation and now i have to change my current Last name to match my passport. I have already changed my Last name in my account settings but there is information that my request will be processed within 48 hours.

To approve my Last name i can provide photos of my Russian passport or my International passport, credit cards, or whatever it needs.

Please, help me and Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow time for your name change process to be completed and after you receive confirmation about the status of your request, you can continue with your other verification process.

If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alexandra,

I can see that our team has already reached out to you via ticket with more details about your verification. Feel free to post your questions directly on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. 
My problem is that I have already updated photo of my passport to Identity verification and there is information that reviewing my ID can take up to 1 business day,  i haven't initiated a video call yet, but now my request for changing my Last name is under review and will be processed within 48 hours.

Will my account be held if in my passport and in my account there are still different last names?
What should i do to improve the situation?

I thought that updating a photo of my passport to Identity verification will help to change my current last name in profile, but in Upwork Chat support i was told that The Team reviewing my Name change is a different team that will review my Identity Verification..

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow time for your name change process to be completed and after you receive confirmation about the status of your request, you can continue with your other verification process.

If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths