Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please review my profile :)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 17
The fact that a small percentage of freelancers post stolen portfolio items has nothing to do with you. Your portfolio will all be genuine, and anyone who doubts that can easily search the items and confirm they are your original work, You need a portfolio. You can write pieces specifically for your portfolio. The items do not need to be work you did through Upwork, nor do they need to be work you were paid to create.
Highlighted
Bisma H Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
12 of 17

Hmm...that makes sense. I will work on creating a portfolio and get back to you if that's ok?

thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 17

So what exactly is it about writing that makes you passionate about it? I gotta try to understand what is it about that word that writers have turned into a cliche.

Does that look good to people? idk. I'd rather be at the beach or playing video games than writing really.

Highlighted
Bisma H Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
14 of 17

I guess it varies from person to person. For me, writing is relaxing and gives me a little sense of satisfaction..like an artist would feel after creating a drawing or a programmer might feel after writing a code. No comparison with going to the beach, though Smiley Wink 

It's more of a hobby rather than a profession in my case.

Highlighted
Community Guru
15 of 17

oic

well, carry on

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
16 of 17

@Bisma H wrote:

I guess it varies from person to person. For me, writing is relaxing and gives me a little sense of satisfaction..like an artist would feel after creating a drawing or a programmer might feel after writing a code. No comparison with going to the beach, though Smiley Wink 

It's more of a hobby rather than a profession in my case.

So, then, you're not a professional writer, but you're advertising for people to hire you, professionally, to write?

Highlighted
Community Guru
17 of 17

I'm sticking with my theory that anyone that says they are passionate about writing in their overview is terrible at it.