🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Please, someone help me get paid!
Page options
dunlop_renee
Community Member

Please, someone help me get paid!

I have been trying to get paid since the beginning of April. It's now May 22nd. There is a cleared amount of $32 that I can't seem to access. I was under the impression (and I'm  apparently not alone) that I needed $100 in the account before I could get paid.

I did a second job, and now there is another $250 that appears to still be pending, and another $80 that is pending for next week.

I asked about the $100 requirement but a "guru" grew upset and said that info was wrong. I can get paid automatically, and I should read the manual of page links to learn how.

I've been trying to figure out how to get paid, but when I finally find a helpful link that needs info from another link, I've learned hitting the back-button will not return me to the first link with the needed information. Often links just return me to the beginning of my research, sending me in circles. I've tried opening multile links but this site is so heavy my computer often locks up.

I have bills pending. And, apoligies for adding my drama to this thread, but my sister passed away this past weekend. Her funeral is today. I need this money and am very tired of trying to figure out how to get it. Now, I'm an emotional basketcase too.

I don't care how, I don't care who, and I don't want to deal with a guru telling me to read pages of info. I just want my money. Will someone please take a look and tell me what is going on?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Joanne,

I believe Petra is referring to the Date column in your Transaction History Report. $200 you are referring to should become available for you to withdraw tomorrow according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. Since you have your schedule set to Weekly, the money will be sent to your bank account automatically once it becomes available. You won't need to withdraw it manually. I'll also have to remove the screenshot you added as it contains private information.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
lanigan
Community Member

Joanne, I'm sorry for your loss.

I, too, am having trouble getting questions answered.  Good luck , hope you get your $ soon! --

Thank you Karen.

voskerchian
Community Member

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your sister.

We do get paid either automatically or manually. To get paid manually you need to go to Reports, Overview, Available, Get Paid Now. Hope that's what you are looking for.

What comes to our gurus, believe me, we do want to help as many people as we can. That's how we became gurus. But, you won't believe how many stupid messages I and other gurus get. Plus, posts here, that sometimes really make no sense. We are getting tired, and we are only human, after all.

Hope this helps!

The available amount is $32, the same amount since April. There is a pending amount of $200, and $80 in review. I know payments are issued tomorrow. Will that $200 be included? Do I need to do something to get it? Will I get it automatically? Will I receive it this week or next?

Thanks for your help.

Joanne, if you go to your "Pending" page on your reports, you can see the date when something will become available in the left hand column.

What's "Pending" (provided it's an hourly contract) will become available within hours. What is "Under Review" will become available next week, the same time.

I've included a screenshot. What left hand column are you referring to? I see Upwork will get paid tomorrow, should I assume the same applies to me?

https://www.upwork.com/earnings-history/

@Joanne Renee D wrote:

I've included a screenshot. What left hand column are you referring to?

There is only one left hand column. It would be "the one on the left"... the one that says 23rd - tomorrow.

After midnight UTC that will move to your Available tab and provided you have set up your tax info and your withdrawal method you can withdraw it.

left.jpg

Hi Joanne,

I believe Petra is referring to the Date column in your Transaction History Report. $200 you are referring to should become available for you to withdraw tomorrow according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. Since you have your schedule set to Weekly, the money will be sent to your bank account automatically once it becomes available. You won't need to withdraw it manually. I'll also have to remove the screenshot you added as it contains private information.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you Valeria. And Petra, though I think you need to drink less coffee.

This site really is a monster to navigate. I swear I'd rather be redoing my last ten years of taxes, but it is a relief to finally have an answer. Thanks for your help, and condolences. I don't think I could handle much more today.

petra_r
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines** point your mouse at this link. Click on it.

Then you will see your Reports page. Click on the Available Tab

There is a pretty noticable "Get Paid Now" buttom there. If it's difficult to recognice, see the below picture: It looks like this...

get paid now.jpg

Click on it.

Provided you have set up your tax info and your withdrawal method, that should help you withdraw whatever is available to your set withdrawal method.

On your Reports page there are also lots of really cute little question marks, mousing over which explains what the different tabs mean.

q marks.jpg

There is also a handily placed "When will I get paid" link on your reports page where you can find out how stuff works...

OK - I just saw that part about your sister. I am terribly, terribly sorry about your loss.

Just go to your AVAILABLE TAB and click on "Get paid now" which should get you to where you can access your earnings, provided you have set up your tax info and added a withdrawal method.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths