🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Plus Membership for a New User And First Job ...
Page options
078fd394
Community Member

Plus Membership for a New User And First Job review

Hi 

I have recently joined Upwork and Land my first Job I complete the job but I did not know and closed the job myself and then the client the bother to give me a review I search online and should I ask for a review or not and most people say No. So I should I ask for a review and will it affect my profile if the client did not give me a review on the first job 

The second question is should I plus membership or connects since connecting are Cheaper  and when I search online people seem to think membership is not good so I am a little lost will the membership help me win more jobs and don't say I will have more connects to apply to more job cuz I can buy connect I mean will the membership help rank my Proposal better

Best Regards

Bilal Ahmad

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bilal,

I would be happy to help. When you submit a proposal to a client, win an interview, and reply, you’ll get a bonus of 10 Connects. Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Note: Connects will be automatically added to your account -- please allow up to 24 hours. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days! You can find more information in this help article

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Bilal A wrote:

Hi 

I have recently joined Upwork and Land my first Job I complete the job but I did not know and closed the job myself and then the client the bother to give me a review I search online and should I ask for a review or not and most people say No. So I should I ask for a review and will it affect my profile if the client did not give me a review on the first job 

The second question is should I plus membership or connects since connecting are Cheaper  and when I search online people seem to think membership is not good so I am a little lost will the membership help me win more jobs and don't say I will have more connects to apply to more job because cuz I can buy connect I mean will the membership help rank my Proposal better

Best Regards

Bilal Ahmad

1. You already asked for feedback. The client received an email that you ended the job, so there is nothing you have to do.

2. It will not rank your proposals higher, that is a myth. 

masud669
Community Member

Hello Bilal,
Congratulations!
You Can't ask directly to clients for review. But you can systematically say your client for rated your work. If the client did not submitted review to your first job. There is no issues happen. A review would help you to get new job opportunity.

And for the plus membership would help you to see competitors bid range. I'm buying couples of time plus membership. But not getting much help.

Ok, thank You for your fast Replies Then I will buy connect rather than buying a membership since it's no help. One more thing I forgot to ask is every time I land an interview will get a 10 connect or it's just for a new user I mean I got an email saying in the next 7 days I can get 10 free to connect for responding to an interview up to 50 so it every first  week of every month or just the first week of new user I mean how does it work basically 

Hi Bilal,

I would be happy to help. When you submit a proposal to a client, win an interview, and reply, you’ll get a bonus of 10 Connects. Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Note: Connects will be automatically added to your account -- please allow up to 24 hours. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days! You can find more information in this help article

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths